EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
_____________________

"THE FOOD IS SO GOOD!" OBITO MANAGED TO LET out with a mouth full of food in delight. His cheeks were bulging at that point, earning laughs from the girl sitting next to him, an amused smile from Rin, and a roll of the eyes from Kakashi.

"You'd think you'd try to be a little more professional." Kakashi muttered, bringing his mask down to eat a ball of rice. The trio sitting around him flickered their eyes to the boy's face, all of them letting out disappointed sighs when they weren't given a chance to see a thing.

"I am professional!" The latter protested.

"Is that a joke?"

"The both of you aren't being professional." Hana flicked the sides of their heads, laying her hands back down onto the table afterwards.

"Women!" Obito hissed, holding the right side of his head. "What's with you? You never do this at home!"

"It's funny!" The girl defended. "Plus, you need to be on guard. The traders could be here any moment."

"What if they don't even come?" He quizzed.

"Then my Aunt gets to have a happy day without interruption, and we got to have an experience that will live with us forever."

"Don't jinx it." Kakashi muttered.

"Well, let's hope." Minato spoke behind them, and the four turned their heads to look. Jiraiya stood next to his student, patiently waiting to what seems like talk to his daughter.

"Dad?" Hana tilted her head towards an unoccupied corner in the large dining hall.

He nodded, and they made their way over, the short girl gesturing towards him so that he could speak.

"The traders aren't coming. I captured them on the way over." Jiraiya spoke quietly, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Why? This was my mission." Hana raised her brows at the information, her honey eyes filling with anger.

"Because you deserve to lead a mission that you earned yourself, hon." He gave her a sympathetic smile. "Don't you want that? You can't possibly want to lead a mission where your Aunt pleads for you."

Hana took a minute to think. Her father was absolutely right. She didn't see it before, but the only reason she even had the mission was because the Hokage saw to it that she was assigned to a family member, and not a reckless or dangerous mission.

"I know you're right, Dad. Thank you." She murmured, wrapping her arms around his torso to give him a hug.

"Besides, this isn't the mission for you. You need one that will top everyone in your team's. Cause that's how I raised you." He smiled brightly at her, causing her to let out a small giggle.

"Yeah, I know." Hana let go, looking back toward her friends. They were all looking at the pair with interest. Realizing they were caught, they turned away, whistling or digging into their food with a fork to pretend they were doing something else the entire time.

"Now, go back to your friends. I'll see you soon." Jiraiya nudged her.

"Bye, Dad. I love you so much."

"I love you more!"

NOTES
GUYS IM SOOOO SORRY THE TRIP TO JAPAN WAS LONGER THAN INITIALLY PLANNED AND THEN MY PLANE KEPT GETTING DELAYED AND UGH. also sorry for the crappy chapter im very jetlagged and have some writers block. also, for any voltron stans out here do y'all have an idea for real life faceclaims for the characters? might have to do with something ;) (ps. season 7 put me in deep depression)

-theanimesociety x