MEMORIES

Roni POV
It's been two years. I haven't seen my family in two years. I haven't seen Nessa. She's locked in another room. I've been hit, cut, beaten, starved. I pray that Nessa hasn't had the same thing happen to her. I rarely see Ethan. He's always at the club. I haven't seen Daddy or Mommy. I miss his dad jokes. All his corny sayings and his confidence. I haven't seen Tiger or Guppy. I miss having Tiger stand for treats or watch Netflix with me. I miss having Guppy curl up in my lap and when I'm sad make me laugh with his cute little snore. I haven't seen Aaron. Just thinking about him makes my heart hurt. I wonder what he's doing. Is he thinking about how we first meet? It was instant love. Is he remembering our first kiss? It was the sweetest thing I've ever tasted. Is cringing at the memory of the worst night of my life? He stayed awake just for me. Is he feeling our first I love you's? My heart skipped a million beats. Is he tearing up thinking about the Lake Tahoe trip? I could think about that memory forever. Is he smiling at the memory of Malaya and Andrew's cuteness? My new family. I hope he is. Its like our thoughts our connected. I can feel it. I get an urge suddenly. I can't take this anymore. I breaking out. I make a game plan. I'm going to pack my stuff when Ethan leaves. I can tell when he leaves because his loud music stops or his friend comes to pick him up. They must not know me or Nessa are back here. I always hear him say that he's at the club for four hours. That should give us enough time. We will both pack our stuff. We will sneak out. We'll ask the people in the lobby for help. I sit listening closely for clues of when Ethan is leaving. 10 minutes later I hear Ethan open the door.
"Hey man"
"Let's go "
"How long are we going to be gone"
"The whole night"
"Ayyy"
I hear the door close. I wait 10-15 minutes just to make sure we're safe. I open the door. I walk in the small apartment. I've never seen this part. I find a door. I try to open the door. It's locked. I pick the lock.
"Oh My God Nessa"
"Roni" We hug each other with tears running down our cheeks.
"I missed you so much" she tells me
"I missed you too"
"How did you get out without being caught"
"I waited for Ethan to leave"
"Oh"
"I know this is sudden but pack your things. We're getting out of here"
"Ok" I leave to my room to pack. Then I go back to Nessa's room.
"Ok you ready"
"As ready as I'll ever be" We head down stairs. I see a lady on the computer. She must be the one in charge of running the lobby.
"Excuse me" I say as politely as possible
"Yes sweetie"
"You probably haven't seen us around, but we need some help. Can we talk to you in private?"
"Sure" She leads us into a private conference room.
"So girls what's wrong"
"Umm. I don't know how to put this but, we're being held captive"
"Oh My. Can you tell me some more details?"
"Well about to years ago a guy named Ethan Dolan forced us from our home. He knocked us out and we just ended up here. My sister, Vanessa and I were separated. This is the first time we've seen each other in two years."
"What was this mans name again" she says while opening up a laptop
"Ethan Dolan" She types in his name
"Room 298"
"I think that's it"
"What happened while you were in that apartment"
"He gave me food and water every two days. He hit me when I didn't do what he told me to. He said I was just warm up. Just practice. I was only there so no one would find Roni. He said he would hurt Roni more. I was scared for myself and Roni" Nessa speaks up. The lady reaches into a mini fridge. She gives us two bottles of water.
"What about you" she says pointing to me
"He gave me food every end of the week. Sometimes he would come in and just hit me. He cut me and beat me. He told me everyday that I should have listen to him. That I should have said yes when he asked me out. It was horrible"
"I'm so sorry. Let's contact the police" She calls the police. They take us to the police station. They ask a lot of questions about the family at home and what happened in the apartment. They inform us that Aaron, and Kian made a missing persons report and ask the the LA police everyday if the found any clues of where we are. They track down Ethan. He's at some illegal club. They arrest him and the people there. They let us rest. Nessa and I talk until we both fall asleep.