Chapter 0.2

As I walked through the wooded valley, I became extremely aware that someone was following and watching me.

I chose to accept my fate. But then a small voice in the back of my mind had other ideas.

I climbed up a pine tree. If anyone has ever tried that, then you would know how extremely difficult that endeavor is. I was desperate.

The sound of footsteps running in the distance.

"Are you sure you saw one?" A deep voice asked gruffly.

"Yes Leader Dean." Another slightly less deep voice said.

"Well then where is she?" The deep voice, who I assumed to be Leader Dean, asked angrily.

"I think she heard us." A familiar voice said. "Women are extremely intelligent you know. It might be my little sister. Lynx."

My eyes widened. It was my brother Rhys.

"How would you know if it was her?" Leader Dean asked Rhys.

"Lynx has a habit of coming back to the same places. I doubt that she knows that there's a huge gang here. She was born here and on instinct probably came back. Besides, she's the youngest female alive currently and the seer said that she will give birth to many girls. You really want to risk it?"

I didn't remember the seer but it sounded about right. Besides, I trusted my brother.

"She also remembers me. Lynx why don't you cut the crap and get out if that tree?" Rhys asked me looking directly at me.

I hesitated for a moment before jumping down and brushing off my clothes.

The twenty or so men all tensed up. It occurred to me that most men on Earth would never see a woman in their lifetimes. These men had probably never seen a woman before.

"Lynx, why were you running?" Rhys asked me.

I glared at him. "Because I, unlike so many people on this Earth, hate the idea of being taken advantage of."

Rhys rolled his eyes. "Were you looking for someone?"

"Yes, their name is death and they carry a knife." I spat angrily.

Rhys and I didn't get along well as kids and we didn't now.

"Listen, you can go kill yourself after giving us ten kids. Okay?" Rhys said.

I huffed. "I'm not just some baby machine you know."

"Right." Rhys said unconvinced.

"You will be giving birth to Leader Dean's offspring. What he does is up to him. If he decides that you will have sex tonight, then you will, willingly." Rhys said with a look that made me mad.

I glared at Leader Dean.

"I'd rather die."