Designs

(This chapter's art is by me)

Soul color

A monster's soul reflects whether they have had their memories restored or not. A white (read as normal) soul is a monster who has had their memory, while a soul with restored memory starts to show the dominant colors. Children's souls are solid colors. The reasoning is that white is a reflection of all the colors back to the eye, which means that the monster souls have all the colors present at once. This is because, considering the almost constant resets, they don't exist long enough to form a soul trait. With each reset, they are at most a day or so old, returning their souls to an almost newborn state. Returning the memories (or days of life) to a monster allows their soul to settle upon a trait (or multiple traits). Excluded from this idea is Frisk, whose soul has a predetermined color.

Next, I'll talk about each of the soul colors for the character and the reasoning behind each choice. All of my soul color choices are based on (Can someone find the original so I can credit it?)

Undyne's soul base color is orange for bravery and yellow for justice, with a core of red for determination.

Mettaton's base color is a rich pink for dedication, with swirls of royal blue for sincerity and a darker orange for audacity.

Alphys's is mostly green for kindness, with splashes of yellow for justice, maybe leaning towards a goldenrod yellow to add a bit of courage.

Sans's soul is blue with tinges of yellow for justice and red tendrils around it for determination, but his soul is dull from his low HP (which doubles as Hit Points and Hope).

Toriel's has a green base for kindness, with a core of red, to symbolize her determination to keep the fallen children safe, and mint green swirls for understanding.

Asgore's is blue for integrity, fading to royal blue, then to purple for perseverance, and finally to pink.

Flowey has a voided soul, which will be black, to show an absence of light symbolizing the missing soul, with trails of red around the space to represent the determination holding him together.

I want to do something special for Papyrus, because his soul could represent so many traits, and I really feel like I could give him any color and it would still fit. So, Papyrus has a very bright white soul, with a light rainbow sheen to distinguish it from an unrestored soul.

Now for NPCs who don't play a large role, but still have soul colors.

Monster Kid has a solid green soul for kindness. Considering that he's a child, he only has one color, like Frisk and the rest of the fallen children.

Grillby's soul is mainly light blue for patience, with splashes of lime green for courtesy and indigo for rectitude.

Muffet's soul is pink, with touches of purple and red.

Nicecream guy has a base of green, with swirls of red, purple, and royal blue.

Burgerpants has a more complicated soul. His soul will be dull, for a lack of hope, but that doesn't change his assigned traits. The soul will start blue, then fade to purple, then to red as it goes in towards the center.

Finally, we'll do the dogs of the Royal Guard, starting with Lesser and Greater dog. They have solid color souls, with Greater dog's being orange and Lesser dog's being goldenrod. Dogamy and Dogaressa both have the colors of orange, red, and pink. Dogamy's is orange on the outside, then red, then pink in the middle, and Dogaressa's is the opposite, with pink on the outside, then red, then orange in the middle. Finally, we have Doggo. His base color is purple, with splashes of light blue and red