Reader Inserts and OCs

(Art by @PaladinOfVoltron. It's the cover for my Reader Insert collection for Hackedtale!)

Reader Characters

So, when I was trying to figure out a way to get people interested in this AU, I decided to make a couple of reader inserts. They're doing ok, so I thought I'd give them their own full section. Just to get this out of the way, the reader inserts are in fact canon unless I state otherwise.

General

Before we get into the specifics of the characters (because there are two separate reader characters), there's some information that will be true for both of them that I want to get out of the way:

I'm going to keep all the pronouns gender neutral, just because writing a male and a female version sounds difficult. You're welcome to see the character as whatever gender you want.

Both have prechosen occupations. I'm sorry.

Sans's Reader Character

The reader will be a computer programmer who is still in school, just so they can be useful. If the reader character wasn't a computer programmer, they might as well not be in the story at all.

The reader probably has glasses. Sitting in front of a computer all day is bound to mess up your eyes after a certain point. I can attest to that.

I chose some outfits ahead of time. I apologize in advance for the shirts.

I also apologize for my computer programming pun/reference attempts. They may be as painful as the shirts.

Papyrus's Reader Character

The reader is a botanist. Look, it's really important for the story too. Enjoy your new Botany degree.

The reader moved to Ebott city hoping to kickstart their research and accidentally got themselves stuck there.

The reader works a lot of jobs in different places around the city. The most important places story-wise are a coffee shop, a grocery store, a diner, and a museum.

Original Characters

Ok, I'm no idiot. I get that I've put two reader characters in the same universe who are interacting with the same people. I also know for a fact that their paths will cross. So, I'm going to present the OCs that will be used when they appear in each other's stories. Yeah, they're both of above average height. I just sort of wanted to make them tall. Also, I know I get super specific about coloration, but it's just because I want to get the picture in my head into everyone else's. However, if I don't bring it up, you're free to fill in the blanks.

Grace Simmons

Grace is the OC version of Sans's reader character. Here's a general breakdown for appearance:

Hair color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Gray

Height: 5'7"

Outside of these, Grace is of an average weight, and is the kind of pale you get from spending way too much time inside looking at a computer. She also has glasses, again from too much time inside looking at a computer. She's introverted, but talkative once you get to know her. She's also very blunt, which can be taken as rude by strangers. A fun fact about Grace is that her dad is also a computer programmer, and she was named after.

Evan Carter

You've probably guessed this already, but Evan Carter is Papyrus's OC. Here's his general appearance breakdown:

Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 6'2"

Evan's got a slight tan from all the time spent hiking around Mt. Ebott on the weekends, but it's the kind that always makes you look a little bit like you've got a sunburn. Don't really know how else to describe it. Of the two OCs, he's the older one, getting closer to his late twenties. He can be outgoing once he gets past his bumbling introductions, but he'll always be a bit rambly, and will always second guess himself.