키스

"Daddy, play with me!" "Ah, I can't Yeoeun..." She seemed disappointed, but Younghoon couldn't break from work this time around. He was already behind on a lot of things. "Then promise we will tomorrow." "Fine." He hooked his pinky with hers then watched her run away. "I love you so much, Yeoeun..." He sighed then decided to break and get something to snack on. He didn't have time to really cook, so they usually ate sandwiches if those days came around. He looked inside the fridge then sighed. They needed groceries, but he was too busy for the next few days to even think about any him time.

Younghoon was nodding off then felt small hands on his face. "Huh... Yeoeun. Shouldn't you be in bed sleeping?" "Not without a bedtime story!" He mentally face palmed himself as he remembered his promise from a month ago. "Alright." She guided him to the bedroom then tucked herself in. "What kind of story would you like to hear?" "One full of action!" "Hm..." He proceeded to tell her a story off the top of his head and couldn't help but smile as she slowly drifted off. "I wish I could be a better dad to you..."

ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

Younghoon woke up and saw that he had fallen asleep in Yeoeun's room. He quickly and quietly headed back to the living room and as he feared, his laptop had died. He picked up the throw pillow and took his frustrations out on it. "I can't redo everything before I get to work..." He figured the only way out would be to call in sick. "Or..." He wasn't fond of the idea of using Yeoeun for an excuse, but the last thing he needed was to be fired for not having the report.

He sighed in relief as his boss seemed to have bought his lie. "I'll live to see another day..." "What do you mean by that, Daddy?" He quickly turned around and saw Yeoeun standing not too far from him rubbing her eyes. "Ah, it's just adult slang. You'll learn it when you're older." "Okay!" She ran over to him and gave him a tight hug. "Are you taking me to school today or is Uncle Eric?" "Yes, Eric is, but why do you call him Uncle...?" "He told me to." Younghoon made a note to "talk" to Eric when he swung by.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. "Eric, why did you tell her to call you Uncle?" "It started as a joke...I guess she took it seriously. Hey, aren't you supposed to be running out to your car by now?" Younghoon shook his head then felt small arms wrap around his leg. "You ready, Yeoeun?" "Mhm. Bye, Daddy!" He watched them leave then remembered the whole reason he stayed home.