Fairy Tales

Dear K,

I know you aren't a sappy, pour your heart out type person but me, you know I'd tell you I love you as many times I blinked each day. Our love, now that's a story to tell sometimes I didn't think we'd make it and I'm sure no one else did. You always joked and said "I could make you fall in love" and I'd laugh it off every time not realizing that I was already falling. Everyone has heard of love at first sight or true love's kiss and they only happen in fairy tales is what I was led to believe. I evaded every single advance from you until one day you came in my class turning on all the charm, I let my guard down and you kissed me. That kiss still gets me a little teary eyed, it was like I was floating and it was only you and me. They try to make kisses like that seem like they only exist on the silver screen but that's not true at all. Kisses like that are not so unattainable when you love like that. Your smile literally melted my heart and every time you looked at me I felt stuck in the never ending loop that was you but no matter what you still didn't want to be with me. It hurt my feelings but I didn't care, because all I could think about was how you made me feel when I was with you. Even when I finally got the strength to let you go I was in love with you. When a month passed you apologized for it all, I was in complete shock. You may not think much of it but you decided to change for me and not many guys even attempt to, you opened up your heart to me and showed emotion, never failing to surprise me. I always tell you how proud I am of you and how much I love you but words never really could explain it. Being around you is like watching the most gorgeous sunset and all you can think about is how beautiful it is. Loving you is like going outside on a sunny day, when all you can hear are the birds singing and you take a deep breath to take in the fresh air and everything feels okay. It feels like any problem I have no matter how big or small, it is conquerable. When you smile I get the feeling that you get as a child when it's winter and school is canceled so you and your friends go out and have snowball fights, make snow angels, and laugh until it hurts. Or even when your favorite song comes on in the car with your friends and you all sing the lyrics at the top of your lungs and just live in the moment, being in love with you is my fairy tale even if people say they don't exist.