Sally

As soon as the sun arose the next morning we set out to find my mother.

Following the maps very twisty winding roads, with every turn getting us closer to our destination, A quiet landscape other than the peaceful sound of distant birdsong follows us on our early morning journey. In the distance we can see the sun just beginning to break onto the snowy mountain tops above. Laying below the mountain lay a peaceful river

Feeling restless and tired and with night drawing in we decide to set up camp. I lay on the grass looking up at the frosty night sky, I can see all of the stars twinkling as snow begins to fall, we have been walking for days following our maps every twist and turn. When we set off early this morning it was slightly cold but that's to be expected first thing. It gradually got warmer as the day went on but now snow is falling onto the ground all around us. Although we are only a few days from home  it feels as if it is the middle of winter. It was the beginning of autumn only a few days ago. I can see houses not far from here where children have begun to make snowmen, I can see other children on distant hills sledging up and down.

As it gets darker still our only form of light becomes a tiny lamppost sitting amongst some of the houses,pearnts begin to call their children in for bed but get ignored leaving them still playing in the snow until one child falls into a crack. We rush to help but were to slow a tiny fairy has rescued a little girl from underneath the freezing cold ice. As she lies their motionless the tiny fairy pours some liquid onto hers then gently rubs it into the small girls face. Within a few minutes the girl awakes. Spotting us in the distance the fairy us over.

"Hello my name is Bluebell, you must be Sally and Jen"

"Yes, but how do you know?"

"I'm the one who sent you the map, I've been flying around finding various friends along my way who I think may be able to help you, I can take you part of the way but I cant swim or help you fly you've done very well to come this far alone but its only going to get harder from here. Esmerelda has your mum captive that much you know but she's also the one behind this dramatic change in weather. She's hoping to use it as part of her plot to take over"

"Take over?"

"It's a long story that I will explain fully when I get the chance but in brief she believes a human has killed her child, she now wants revenge"

"So what do we do now?"

"Right now I need you to help me get this child back to her mother, then we find a place to stay for the night hopefully in a house but if not I can try to make your tent a little warmer. Tomorrow morning we head out to find my mermaid friends."

After explaining our situation to the young girls mother she allows us to stay with her for the night as a reward for helping save her daughters life we leave out that it was actually the fairy along with all the other things about why we were really near her home. We simply told her that we went for a walk then a snow storm sent us off in the wrong direction. For the first time in just over a week we are able to have hot baths, a warm meal as well as a proper bed to rest to the night it felt like heaven. But I couldn't allow myself to feel to at home for I knew tomorrow would bring a whole load of new challenges to face in the freezing cold. But at that moment I felt so safe and warm that I soon forgot about all my troubles and feel fast asleep.

Early next morning after a breakfast of pancakes, we say goodbye and thank you to the owners of the ramshackled cottage that was our home for the night.

We trudge through the snow looking for bluebell but she's nowhere to be seen. I feel a splash of rain fall upon my face next thing I know

dark skies & storm clouds suddenly begin to surround me drawing me nearer as I cautiously take each step across a beach a beach neither me or my friend had ever seen meaning it must be pretty far from home

rough rocky waves then splashed the tops of ourankles as we both began to feel a sense of dred surrounding our body's. Withthe air getting colder shivering began along with a sense of dreaded fear asshadowy figure drew nearer carrying the sound of footsteps on a pebbly beach asa consequence of this both our hearts begin to thump as fast as rollercoasters. We awake all alone with asense of having been in a dream, aside from that neither of us have any re-electionof previous events, I could clearly see I was surrounded by water but weirdlyable to breathe carefully moving each part of my body one by one I manage togain the strenght to slowly swim up towards a sunken ship that looked as if ithad been struck down during a storm. I could see my legs were bruised allover my knees cut, I could feel a swelling all over my face.

Whilst a million questions filled my mind , Where was I? How long had I been inthis place? What was this place? More importantly where was my best friend, theone I had dragged along with me. A sudden swishing takes me out of my thoughtsas a mermaid calmly swims up to me.