Love Short Story

My mom once told me "Don't waste your tears on someone like that. You deserve better." I never understood until the 6th time he broke up with me, and this time I didn't cry. He was never worth my time. I believed he could change and I was so wrong.

We were neighbors, and out of nowhere he asked me. I never thought it would last as long as it did, but I was with Leo for a year. He showed that he cared and loved me for the first two months. After a while I noticed the changes, he turned cold towards me. He stopped caring about things he said to me or did to me. He took me to my first dance, and even though I'm never going to date him ever again it's nice to have something to show that I was having fun.

He thought showing that he cared and was happy meant being weak. A guy who is not afraid to show their emotions is not weak, but strong. Around his friends I was just this girl who never belonged. Around my family, I was nobody. When we were alone I was finally worth his time.

He got jealous when I would hug my best guy friend Dan. I hug him because he is always there for me. He gets mad and takes it out on me by yanking my arm. People say that it was an abusive relationship and I just kept finding myself going back to him. Every time he broke up with me and wanted to get back together, I would stupidly take him back. I never learned. Of course this time he had crossed the line. I will take so much of his stupid self-centered jerk self, but he crossed the line last night by telling me to f*ck off. I wasted a year of my life on him.

Wasting so much time on a guy who acts like he could get an girl in the world yet he chose you, is stupid and I fell for it. He wanted me because another guy was buying me roses and giving me stuff. Now after a year later, he wants to be friends. I'm sorry but I'd rather not be friends with someone who is going to tell me to get better friends. My friends are there and defend me when they see what he is doing, they are there to pick up the pieces and put them back together.

He felt the need to yet again come into my class and tell me that "We're done" like I didn't already know. I broke things off 1/18/18. I would rather be with someone who cares about me then someone who is just going to treat me like shit. I get that I liked the fact that he was taller than me. In a lot of ways staying with him was just a bad idea. I know my life will be so much better now that he is gone. I am never dating a guy that I live by ever again. It is so much drama, and it causes a lot of stress on those involved, but it doesn't make much of a difference. Falling in and out of love, I would rather not give my heart out to boys that will just break it.

Falling for the neighbor because he seems nice and then having to watch him change into different people around me, my family, my friends, and his friends. He is different from when I fell for him. He acts and I applaud him for that. He is a jerk and he always will be. The guy who I thought I fell in love was a figment of my imagination. The guy he really is, is a jerk and that will never change.

Having feelings for a jerk for months on end and finally breaking things off after a year is hard. I already knew that I was unwanted and that nobody would actually like me for me. It's hard going through life already knowing that only my family finds my smile cute and my eyes enchanting. Even finding a guy who treats you wrong is better than not having anybody who thinks even if it's a lie that you'll find a good guy. I know for me, that the right guy is not out there and he never was and never will be.

Falling in and out of love with an idiot is most common in your teenage years. You think that this is the one, but its not. You think that the right one for you won't come until after high school. Some people actually find the guy of their dreams in high school. Well that's not the case for me. I thought I loved a guy named Leo. A year of my life spent with him just to realize he is an idiot. Why waste time on a man that doesn't treat you right?