4

"I haven't been to the mall in so long," Hani exclaims as she raises her arms and takes in a deep breath.

"In that case, we can come here often," Lia laughs as she links her arm with Hani's, "I love buying new clothes."

"She's lying," I mumble as I walk next to them and Ten trails behind us, making me feel conscious, "Hani practically lives here."

Walking by the shops, I stare at the mannequins and the dresses. Everything looks pretty but I don't feel like buying anything until a sparkly object catches my attention.

"That looks beautiful," Lia mumbles as she follows my gaze and looks at the necklace.

A simple chain with a silver moon pendant, "Why don't you buy it?"

"Lia!" Hani calls her name, "Look at this dress, it would look so good on you!"

"Why don't you take Ten inside with you while I try on the dress with Hani?" Lia suggests as she walks towards Hani.

Ten raises his head and stops typing on his phone when he hears his name.

He looks at me as I point towards the shop, "I'll be back."

I expect him to stay there but he trails behind me. I am surprised that he comes inside but maybe, he does that for Lia.

"Can I try that necklace on?" I ask the boy who stands in front of the counter, "The one with the moon pendent."

He takes it out of the box and hands it to me cautiously.

Looking in the mirror, I try clasping it but the hook gets stuck in my hair.

My body tenses as I feel cold fingers grabbing the necklace from my hands and untangling it from my hair. Ten takes his sweet time as he clasps the hook and takes a step back.

"Do you like it?" The boy, whose name tag says Jihoon, asks as he looks at me, "Or can I show you something else?"

My hand grazes over the moon as I try calming my heart, which is racing so wildly as if I ran a marathon. It's not like Ten did something special, he just helped me wear the necklace. That's all, right?

"I love this," I shake out of my thoughts as I open my purse and hand out my credit card, "I'll buy it."

While Jihoon prints the receipt, I smile as I look at the moon pendant.

Ever since I was young, I loved the moon. It was always there for me at nights, it never left me side. High above, in the sky, it always looked serene and magical.

I raise my hands and extend them towards the milky white moon.

"I don't understand your obsession with the moon," Ten says as he looks at me, curiosity filled in his eyes.

Letting out a laugh, I say, "The moon, it always shines so bright, even if there is no one there to see it."

"I still don't get it," He shakes his head and pouts.

"Whether I'm happy or sad, the moon is always there with me," I smile as I look at the moon again, "It's my constant companion at nights, it knows all my secret."

Ten looks at me and extends his pinkie finger, "I promise I'll be your constant companion. I'll never leave you."

I shake out of my thoughts when I hear a voice, "Here's your card," Jihoon hands it back to me and smiles, "I like how you pay for yourself even if you're with your boyfriend. It's cute and-"

"Please don't make assumptions," I tell him softly as I leave the shop and Ten trails behind me.

"You, uh, still love the moon?" He asks after a few moments, as I cross my arms and wait for Hani and Lia.

"Why would I stop?" I force out my words as I look at him, "I'm not like you, Ten. I can't stop loving something or someone."

He opens his mouth to say something but Lia's voice cuts him off, "I was right, that looks so beautiful on you!"

"Thank you," I smile as I stare at the bags in their hands, "Oh God,  you both brought so many dresses."

"I got one for you too," Lia mumbles shyly as she stares at the floor, "I hope you like it."

"Don't be afraid," Hani laughs at the younger girl, "Yeji will love it, she loves gifts."

"Hani's right," I smile at Lia, "I'm sure I'll love it."

"Do you have to go or can we eat?" Lia grabs Ten's arm and stares at him, "I'm hungry."

He shakes his head and smiles, "I've still got time, we can eat."

Hani links her hand with mine as we trail behind Ten and Lia.

"Do you feel awkward around Ten?" She asks quietly as she looks at Ten, "Or does it hurt to see him?"

"A little bit of both," I say as I smile timidly, "He's happy and so am I, except for the time when memories come rushing back and I'm left being miserable."

"You guys coming?" Lia turns around and asks us.

Hani gives her a thumbs up as the two of us walk fast to catch up to them.

"I'm craving subway's sandwich," Lia says as she points towards the shop, "What about you guys?"

"We'll have the same," Hani says as she sits down on an empty chair, "Yeji, can you order for me? My feet are aching from walking too much."

"Same," Lia sighs as she sits next to her, "Can you order for me, Ten? Please?"

Ten stares at her for a second before he nods his head and motions for me to follow him. I stand behind him as he orders for himself and for Lia. 

I tap his shoulder to let me come in front so that I can place my order but he doesn't listen and continues, "and two sandwiches with grilled chicken, no mayonnaise, in Italian bread. Add every vegetable except cucumbers, my, uh-friend hates them."

My blood runs cold as I realise that he's talking about me. Why does he remember my order, why is he doing this to my heart? I open and close my mouth as I stare at him while he pays the cashier and takes the receipt. Ten moves towards the side, in the other lane and I follow him, as we wait for our order to be prepared.

"You ordered for me," I whisper as I look at his back, "You- you still know my order and that I don't eat cucumber."

"Some things remain in your brain for a long time, Yeji," He says as he keeps on looking ahead.

"Just in your brain?" I ask him quietly, "Not in your heart?"

Ten turns around and his eyes meet mine and for a moment, my heart jumps a beat.

His eyes, they don't look unfamiliar as they roam over my face, "Yeji, I-"

"Sir, your order is ready," The girl on the counter says as she pushes forward the tray, "Hope you enjoy your sandwich."

"Thank you," Ten says as he holds the tray and I trail behind him.

Our conversation is long forgotten as I sit next to Hani and nibble on my sandwich.

"You okay?" Hani whispers and I nod my head at her.

I am okay but my heart isn't. It still feels betrayed that it was filled with love and then suddenly, the love was taken away from it. My heart, it feels empty because it was deprived of the love it once held. My heart isn't okay but at least, I'm okay, even if it is for now.

Itzy, Nct dream, Pentagon, Day6 and Seventeen!! All of them are coming back, I'm so excited!!!