Chapter 7

"Saaaaam. Pay attention to me..." Lucifer sang.

Sam stared at the wall across from his bed. He was thinking about Marin. Maybe he could help her. Her brother was probably a ghost. A ghost that set house fires. Boy, Sam knew a thing or two about that...

"Come on, Sam. Notice me. I'm lonely. I miss you." Lucifer complained.

Focus...Sam thought. Had the ghost attached itself to something? Did Marin bring the ghost with her? It sounded like she was still hearing his voice...

CRACK! BANG! POW! SIIIIZZZZZZ!POWPOWPOW!

Fireworks flashed and exploded deafeningly around Sam, who curled in a ball and covered his ears.

When the fireworks vanished Sam glared angrily at Lucifer.

"What? I had to get your attention." Lucifer explained. The angel threw his hands out innocently.

"Leave me alone." Sam growled, "Why won't you just leave me the hell alone?"

"But you are alone, Sam." Lucifer said, "It's just you. In this room. Locked inside a mental ward."

Sam deliberately turned his back on the hallucination.

"Nobody else..." Lucifer sang softly, "Just you..."

* * * *

It was hours before Sam saw finally saw Marin again.

"Marin!" he called.

The girl stopped in front of his door.

"U-Uh," Sam croaked, "I'm sorry I upset you."

Marin bit her lip and glanced down at her feet, "S'ok."

"Can I asked you something?" Sam asked.

Marin gazed up suspiciously, "About?"

"The fire."

Marin grit her teeth and shook her head, "Look. You mean well, but you have no idea—"

"You said you didn't start it. I believe you." Sam said, "I can help you, Marin. Before he tries to hurt you again."

Sam lead her inside his room. She followed, hopeful but wary.

Lucifer was watched them with a bemused expression. Amazingly, the hallucination remained quiet.

 Amazingly, the hallucination remained quiet

"You're worse." Marin said, "You're organs need sleep you know. Your hair and nails are gonna fall out. And your kidneys are gonna shut down. I saw it in a movie."