prologue/chapter 1

Was it normal to be so paranoid? Like.. When you heard a creak above you from the floor above, would you be concerned? What's normal anyways. If someone was threatening to kill themselves are they just being dramatic? Diverse questions are good to ask.

I asked these questions as I listened to an ultimate mashup of the song circulation. "Move bitch get out tha way" I hummed.

I turned around and checked my phone. It was almost closing time for the library I was in. I took out my earphones out and listened to the quiet hum of the TV while I packed up my stuff. "There's been murders in the mountains recently." A news guy said.

"Yes. Don't pick anyone up or trust anyone, the police are on the case, even though there are no new leads." The news woman followed up.

I shrugged. It was a small town where I lived, and everyone here is a pushover. The snow pretty much makes it so if there was a murder, the body would be buried in snow. I hulled my backpack over my shoulders. It was windy outside. There was a loud scream and everything seemed to go all white

- e n d  p r o l o g u e -

Len ran down the street, stumbling on small stones in the sidewalk. "MIIIKKUUUUUU WAIT UP!!!" he called as loud as he could.

Miku was darting down the street, dragging Rin and Len with her. "CATCH UP" she yelled back, running to the parkinglot of the school.

School was out for the winter, and the three friends were taking a small vacation. Len and Rin had finally caught up when Miku had already gotten into the car. "Jeez Miku.. Calm down.." Rin sighed.

"Imagine if we dropped something important??" She added.

"Why do we care, we're just going to the mountains and enjoying a week there, and heading back." She shrugged.

"WHAT IF SOMEONE ROBS US" Len suddenly sounded panicked. "WHAT IF—"

"LEN SHUTUP!" Miku and Rin screeched at the same time.

  Rin got in the front, while Len miserably got in the back. "How come I'm in the back." He complained.

"Cause you're the youngest~" Rin teased him.

"BY LIKE—" Len started but Miku rammed into reverse and his face slammed into the seat.

"Hahaha~ stop worrying so much anyways. First of all, we're just going to be gone for a few days. Second of all, we have phones if we need assistance or if we miss someone!"

Len let out a 'hmph' then buckled himself in. "How far away is it?" He said after a whole minute of silence.

"It should be like.. Hm.. 2 hours maybe?" Rin said, checking her phone.

Len sighed and checked his phone as well. There were a few texts from everyone. 'Have fun!' From Luka, 'why couldn't I come ;v;' from Kaito and 'bring back some premium mountain booze for me 👌' from Meiko. He sighed, wishing Kaito could've come too, but Meiko didn't let him. Luka was going to come but she didn't want to leave Kaito and Meiko alone by themselves.

Len decided he was going to take a nap while Rin and Miku talked their little hearts out. He grabbed a Pillow from besides him, and layed it on the door and eventually drifted off to sleep.