Chapter 1

The world felt empty.

Cold and unfeeling.

It was how Morgan viewed his current state. Unable to remain any longer in the place his lover died, he retreated to his empty home.

The cave was dark, the sunlight barely filtering into the dark corners of his bedroom. He didn't bother to activate the luminescent beings that covered his ceiling. He preferred the solitude, the darkness that somehow still clung unto his soul. It was rare that he go visitors, save for the occasional messenger the royals sent him asking for his well being. All of them which he ignored.

But one in particular was rather insistent, coming every week to plea and beg for a potion that not only Morgan thought blasphemous but pained him at the thought of making it. For every potion he made, Atlantis was always there to inspire him.

Gold eyes and blood red hair, the color of royalty in his eyes. No matter what Atlantis had thought, Morgan always believed the red haired merman was meant to be king.

Darkness settles once again in his mind, tears threatening to brim over his lashes. He hated the empty feeling in his chest, the never ending pain that seemed to have a vice-like grip in his chest. His hands clenched as he let out a cry of unadulterated pain, the wound of losing his lover still open and bleeding profusely.

However the pain in his palms seemed to damper on the pain, bringing clarity to Morgan's muddled mind. Along with the rather annoying voice that had been plaguing him for the past days.

"Morgan!" A voice sounded from out of his cave. A blur of purple and white swirling infront of him.

Alec. Seventh son of the Seventh son, hailing from Amythyst, the youngest of the Seven kingdoms. A rather lucky number in Morgan's books.

The young merman carried a bundle of sweets hoping to bribe the witch.

"Look what I have!" Alec cried excitedly, pulling out small blue orbs that Morgan absolutely loved in his visit to the Sapphire kingdom, his taloned fingers reaching out for one and popping them in his mouth.

It was sweet and hard, but once he bit into it, liquid filled into his mouth, sweet and sour at the same time, causing his jaws to tingle.

Blue Balls, he thought, a delicacy hailing from the Sapphire kingdom so crudely named by the twin princes who loved to cause mayhem and scandal despite their elder brother's protests.

"You did better than last time," Morgan murmured with a smile causing the young Alec grin in triumph but Morgan's lips thinned into a thin line, "But it's still a no from me."

Alec pouted, following Morgan as the witch made himself and intoxicating concoction that would numb his senses once it had filled his heart, "Please. I need it. I can't stay any longer or father will know!"

Morgan frowned, "Nonsense child. I refuse."

Alec let out a groan of frustration, "Fine! But I wont come back ever!"

Morgan rolled his eyes as the young merman sped out of his cave, muttering curses under his breath. 

A soft sigh left his lips, feeling the the effects of of his drink burn his veins, his vision blurring as bright kaleidoscope colors filled his line of sight and at the center of it all was Atlantis. Tall and regal, tendrils of blood red hair spreading around him.

"Atlantis," he murmured softly, a small flutter inside his chest at the sight of his beloved. 

The deceased prince smiled, never speaking but with ghostly fingers reaching out to touch Morgan.

The witch let out a sob of relief. If this was the only way he could see his beloved, then so be it.

*******

"Loyal friend of the Royals, Ambassador of all Kingdoms, Grand Witch of the Ocean," Alec muttered, "It's all fucking seahorse shit."

Perhaps it was his anger talking but he couldn't help but sling curses at the witch who decided to take one of the most lethal and potent potions found beneath the sea. The young prince recognized the black bottle all too well, for his eldest brother had used it once before many winters ago when the pressure of the first born became too much for him. It was a drug that addled the mind and caused the body to remain absolutely paralyzed as the heart would slow down in a death like state, too much of it and it would stop the heart completely.

And maybe seeing one of the most powerful creatures in such vulnerable state bought him terrible memories, combining with the anguish of fleeing his own life.

Many times he thought of taking such a potion, hoping death would become him, but the thought of making his father weep for taking his own life in such a cowardly manner made him think twice. 

Alec let out a soft snort, and if anything he could always count on the second oldest child, Aaren,  beat him awake till he return to the land of the living before his body turned into foam.

The young prince chuckled at the thought of his six older brothers, all of them having each and their own personalities, all of them a headache to their father, but none of the older six having what their father truly wanted. 

The heir to the throne. 

The one that carried the blessing of their god, Amon and only Alec knew who Amon's champion. 

Alec glanced at the sea glass wound him, his reflection staring back at him. A creature so pale, white hair framing his shoulders along with amethyst jewelry draped across them. The silver jewelry matching the silver ring on his nose and the stud on his lip.

"You look like a pretty little thing," a voice said behind him. 

Alec whirled,coming face to face with a snake haired creature.

"Lilith," he gasped.