high school crush

He was my crush, someone I looked up to. I wasn't just going to up and tell him, that was a pile of embarrassment I didn't want to run through, and I didn't need any more to begin with. When your dad was arrested for killing someone when you were a kid, and your mom gets arrested almost monthly for breaking and entering, you had that reputation of being messed up.

Everyday was the same, except today was a little different. "Did you text him yet?" My best friend asked and I chuckled. "I don't even have his number. When I told you my crush, I meant like someone who I admire but would never see myself dating." I whined and he glared at me.

"I don't care, y/n, at least follow him on Instagram!" y/bf/n said with a long sigh. "What, so we can block the school reject?" I threw my hands up in defeat. "No, of course not, he is chill with any girl." He nudged me and I shook my head.

-

I closed my locker and turned my eyes to Natalia, a well-known girl in the school. She was snobby and rude, but only when Adi wasn't looking. Typical. 

"Nice book covers, what are you in 2nd grade?" She sassed and popped my books with my fingernails. "No, but you act like it." I sassed back and she turned around in her footsteps.

"Excuse me, slut? Did you just talk back to me? You need to respect me." She got close to my face, her breath snaking down my neck. "I only respect elders, and the only thing old about you is your attitude."  I said with my jaw jutted out in anger.

"Screw you." She whispered and turned back around. "Leave me alone, go be sorrowful in your own pitiful loneliness." I called out and everyone heard.

A slow hush came to the noisy hallway, everyone attempted to stay out of her way. She was only a few feet away from me. She turned around in a quick manner and swiped me across the face with a slap. I held my face in astonishment and she smirked.

"These hands aren't old." She said with an evil eye. "Natalia, what are you doing?" I heard a boys voice as I held my red and stinging cheek. I felt firm hands on my arms and looked up. My eyes were blurry with tears.

"Hey, hey, don't cry." His thumbs wiped across my face and cleared most of the tears. Adi Fishman. 

"I'm not crying, my eyes are just reacting." I lied, and he chuckled. "You have a right to cry, Natalia has always been a bitch." He said and kept me standing up. 

"Let's get you to the nurse." He rubbed my back. "No, I am fine." I stood up tall and took my hand off my cheek. It burnt and felt flushed. "It's bruised." He wiped his hand across it, causing me to wince.

"You can't see a bruise yet, smartass." I whimpered. Was I wrong? Bruises took hours to form.

"Sorry. I am Adi, by the way." He said and stood back a little. He admired your shape and form.

"I am Y/N, nice to meet you." I said and he looked quite shocked. "Yep, everyones reaction, the town abnormal." I whispered and he shook his head with a smile.

"No, I just can't believe someone so talked down about is so pretty and nice." He winked and I looked almost more shocked than he just did.

"Here, text me." He handed me a slip of paper and rubbed my shoulder once more before sneaking off into class with his books under his arm.

I just got the number of the guy I had been fawning about for my whole high school life. Was this real?
-

i got slapped ONCE in school

and it was by my LOCKER

high school sucked.