-3

"I'm sorry he didn't make it." Coran whispered. "No!" I screamed over Lance's dead body. "Why did you leave?" I whispered as my tears fell onto his face.

I jerked awake. I looked around and Lance was still in his pod. A tiny bit of relief washed over me. I looked over at the healing pod's status. It's been a quintant, wow I've been asleep for long a time. Suddenly I heard a hissing sound next to me. I whirled around and caught Lance before he fell to the floor.

"I guess you don't remember our other bonding moment, while I was carrying you out of the ship?" I asked and he laughed. "No, but I remember this one." He replied and I quickly dropped him from my arms. "Ow! What was that for?" He asked. "Just because you were recently hurt doesn't mean I have to be careful." I sneered. He finally looked up and gasped. "What?" I asked. "Your ears are adorable!" He exclaimed and jumped up. He raised his arms to touch them but I slapped them. "What are you talking about?" I asked while trying not to blush.

Lance grabbed my shoulder and jerked me to the mirror in the corner. I looked at my ear and it was pointed and purple. The purple was spreading to my face too. I gasped and took a step backwards. "I'm turning galra." I whispered. "Can I touch your ears now?" Lance asked. "No, my god you're annoying." I replied. "Hey! I'm not annoying!" Lance defended. "They're at it again." I heard Pidge say as everyone walked into the room.

I slowly turned around afraid to see everyone's reaction. "You look like a cat!" Hunk exclaimed and ran forward. My ears flinched back. "Oh I can't wait to tease you about this." Pidge said and high fived Lance. Allura, Coran, Matt, and Shiro looked worried. My mom walked towards me. "I should've known this would happen." She mumbled and everyone immediately jerked their head to her for explanation. "Well you see, since galra is almost always the more dominant gene it has more power. If you're a half breed and you don't look like a galra then once you become of age a strong emotion can trigger a transformation." She explained. "Wait so I'm going to be stuck like this forever?" I asked with a tremble in my voice. "No, only a few quintants after the transformation you can easily switch between the two." Krolia replied with a smile. Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

Again, I looked to see everyone's reaction. To my surprise everyone was smiling. "You guys don't hate me?" I asked. "Of course not! I already got over the fact you were a galra a long time ago, plus some of my friends are galran." Allura replied and gave me a hug. "Right I forgot." I said and everyone gave a chuckle. "So can I touch your ears?" Lance repeated. "No!" I yelled and we all laughed.