Chapter 4:Telling Grandma

Gabo's POV:

The next day,after all my classes and soccer practice,I was still feeling a little nervous about my date with Zoe. Then,I remembered that I haven't been able to call my Grandma to tell her about it.
So, I decided to call her.
"Hello"
"Hello my dear. Gabo darling,be a dear and just hold on for a bit." 'Andrea, please keep those baking trays in the oven. Thank you dear.' I could hear her talking to someone in the background.
"Hello,Grandma are you still on the line?"
'Yes dear,I'm here. It's nice to hear your voice after some time."
"I miss you so much Grandma.I have something to tell you."I said anxiously.
"What is it Gabo?"She could hear the nervousness in my voice. I was like an open book to her.
"Well, I uh..I asked Zoe out on a date and..."
But before I could continue my statement,she bombarded me with so many questions.
"Dear that's wonderful. Have you made any plans? Where are you taking her? What will you be wearing?"
"Grandma hold on. I haven't even told you her answer."
"So what did she say huh Gabo."She asked impatiently.
"She actually said yes. Grandma I'm feeling extremely nervous. I'm not even this way for a soccer game."
"Gabo darling,please breathe. It's not good for your health to stress out like this."
"What am I going to do about it Grandma?I have never been so lost the in my life!!",trying my best to calm myself down but failing greatly.
"Gabo",she said in a calm and loving voice,"relax. If you know you really like her then everything will play out well. And if it isn't destiny's will,so be it. Just calm down and if the anxiety hits back again,just remember I'm here for you darling."
"Thanks Grandma. I love you so much."
"And I love you too my baby. And try to call me more next time. It's actually nice to hear your voice."
"Bye Grandma."
"Bye bye Gabo and say hi to Rikki and Dede for me."
"I'll tell them you said hi."
And with that I hung up on the call. Her assurance made me feel better and I'll only hope for the best for the date.
And I'm praying..badly praying that all the preparations goes very well.