5 // loose ends.

luke feet dragged against the concrete as he shifted honeymoon in his arms, a clicking sound echoing in the cold, night air as he locked the car.

he looked down at honeymoon's sleeping face. the dim light of the street lamp directly above him lit up their faces, and luke could see honeymoon's red lips.

he wanted to kiss them.

luke hurried to the entrance of the apartment block and unlocked the front, carrying honeymoon up several flights of stairs before he was at number 15, his own flat.

shifting his weight, he unlocked the door and walked in, shutting it with his foot, and walking over to the living room. he gently lowered honeymoon onto the couch and found himself stroking her hair.

he didn't know why, but he'd always had a strong urge to protect her, from the moment he saw her.

it was then that honeymoon's phone, tucked into her purse, let off an alarming noise that nearly made luke jump. he glanced over at it, and, out of curiosity, picked it up.

received 02:42

robbie :-

lily,

i have the money. we're free, baby, free from this horrible place. but you're going to need to tie up some loose ends. you know what you need to do.

eliminate

the text seemed to have been sent halfway through being written.
luke stood, speechless. what did the text mean?

and lily? was that honeymoon's real name?

finally luke's eyes flickered to the final word in the unfinished text.

eliminate

eliminate who? or what? loose ends needed to be tied up? luke thought harder and harder. who was close enough to honeymoon (or 'lily') that they would have to be killed?

the phone dropped from luke's hands as he heard movement from behind him.

he turned around, and lily was staring at him, her eyes clouding with guilt.