A Moment of History

I...I...I...81 reads?? I feel kind of honoured...*hugs my readers* I know people haven't really commented much (and to be honest I was starting to despair on my story...thinking it was just horrible and poorly written), but seeing all those reads has inspired me to continue onward. Thank you all so much! *throws confetti in the air*

___________________________

Germany's Mental Diary

Day 1

So far my stay at Italy's house hasn't been too bad. Pooky...er...Alegra has been very kind to me, and she even listened to me as I told her about the events around my turning into a cat. Alegra...she's a strange one. She reminds me a bit of a much calmer version of Italy and a slightly more hyper version of Greece, with a dash of America's curiosity and a hint of, dare I say it, Prussia's narcissism (I learned this when I pressured her more about her history and she blatantly told me she was pretty awesome when she was younger and able to kick arsch).

So far today, after dinner of course, she showed me around the house...which by the way looks much different as a cat...then took me outside and taught me some basics on being a cat, not that I plan on staying a cat of course! It's just enough to get me through the next couple of days (or months, depending on how long it takes that dummkopf Britain to finish the antidote).

Maybe it's just me being a cat, but I seem to be picking up on the emotions of Italy and Romano, as well as Alegra, much more. Alegra, well she seems excited at the thought of not being the only cat in the house. Romano...hah, Romano blushes a furious red everytime we cross paths. Apparently he's not immune to mein cuteness.

It's Italy that has me the most worried. His facial expressions tell me one thing, while the waves of sadness I can feel coming off of him tell me another thing. It's like he's putting on an act...and not just for the people around him. I can see it in his eyes, his stature, and his movements. Why did I never see this before? Seriously, it's like he's hiding something from me...and now I want to find out what.

~/~

Mein gott, this couch is so comfortable. I don't ever want to move from it. Germany let the warm sun soak into his fur as he slept on one of the fluffy pillows on Italy's downstairs couch. Naps were somewhat more enjoyable as a cat, as well as more abundant he realised as this was the third nap he'd taken all day. Let's see, I napped in the kitchen, napped in the garden, and now here on Italy's couch. I wonder where my next destination should be?

"Svegliati, Germany! Or should I say...Romi!" Alegra pounced on him, knocking the air right out of his lungs. Alegra might look light and dainty from a normal perspective, but when she landed on Germany it was apparent that visual appearance wasn't everything. (wake up!)

"Asch, get off me...Pooky!" Germany managed to gasp out and Alegra immediately got off, turning on him with a hiss. Yeah, she didn't really like the name Italy gave her...but she loved Italy so much that she only let him call her that.

"I believe I told you to never call me that." She growled, baring her pearly white fangs. Alegra's temper was at a low point, seeing as only her ears were pulled back and her eyes narrowed threateningly at Germany. From the 'How to be a Cat' lessons she gave Germany earlier, this was called "somewhat pissed off" he recognised, though it couldn't have been more obvious to him as he noted the anger in her eyes.

"Und I believe I asked you to not call me 'Romi' either." Germany retorted and sat up with his own ears folded down irritatedly. Immediately Alegra relaxed and nodded, realising her mistake.

"Perdonami...anyway, Italy's going back into your country, probably to look for you-" Germany dipped his head uncomfortably. "-And I want to go too, so you should come with me."