Chapter Fifteen

*Editing*

         "Hello?" Angel asked worriedly while taping her fingers on the counter nearby.

        She really wanted to hear who was on the other line, but was afraid. It was about ten minutes of silence, between the two. Angel who was now annoyed and bored decided to close the phone, but as soon as she was going to close the phone someone spoke.

"Hello?" The voice repeated quietly, Angel stood in her spot for a while taking in what or more importantly whom she just heard.

        It was the person who she yearned to hear from for almost a year now. It was her mother. Angel took a deep breath again before she spoke again; she waited for a little before she spoke again. She took sometime to think of what she should say before she spoke, she wanted everything to be right. She never heard her mother's voice in such awhile, but hearing her voice again made her have a pleasant warm feeling inside. The only feeling her mother could affect her with. What would she ask her; who kidnapped her, or why she never called? She felt these words escape her mouth without realizing them.

"Where are you mom?" She waited impatiently for a reply, her mother always spoke in a whisper, it seemed as if she was not supposed to be on the phone.

"Ang, look I need your help." Her mother whispered fear clearly present.

"I will help you mom, most definitely but where are you?" Angel asked almost yelling.

"Shh, but look no one is to know of this, not even your father. Got it? I know you don't like the thought of lying, but for now it's only for both our safety." Her mother said almost reading her mind, Angel was not a fan of lying, but now it had become a habit of hers.

"Alright, no one will know. But you still didn't tell me where you are?" Angel asked with her heart almost jumping out of her chest, she would always help her mother, but she was afraid. What did her mother mean by both their safety, could Angel not call the police and they would be on their way to save her?

"I will tell you later on, now you have to focus on your court day which is getting closer and closer. William Jefferson will help you out, no need to worry. And if you're afraid that I know of this, I have eyes and ears everywhere. I have my sources. I will be safe until then, but once it's over and you're hopefully innocent, you must come." Casey said boldly, and confidently, how did she know this if she was captured, sources who could these sources she said of be? Most definitely someone Angel probably did not know of.

"Alright mom, but what do I do know?" Angel asked trembling; she could feel her body shake as an earthquake would.

"I will call you if I need anything, just be careful, have your eyes alerted everywhere." Casey said bluntly, and closed the phone immediately after.

         Angel closed the phone too, and her body slid on the wall until her bottom had hit the floor softly. She buried her head in her hands and felt tears run down her face, crying had been more frequent for her doing nowadays.

        As a nineteen almost twenty year old, her life was crumbling down rather quickly than slowly. She thought of the letting her father know of what was happening, but her mother said it was for their safety if she did let anyone know, including her father. What would even happen if she told her father, he would most likely want to know where his wife is, he said it himself that he loved her so much and it hurt so much that she was sick and she was abducted, he would probably be happy to hear from her.

        Angel decided that when she heard from her mother again, she would ask her, or more like demand her to tell her everything. She decided to keep quiet, maybe in fact it was for their safety, and that was number one on her list, her mother's too. Angel felt lightheaded and rubbed the temples of her head with her fingers. Her mother shut the phone, without explaining a thing, and knowing everything, who might they sources be?

        Her mother was alive, and she did not call until today, it might have been the only day she could call, but if she was in grave danger why did she not call the police, but instead she called Angel? Angel got up from the floor, and lay on the couch, with a fluffy pillow behind her head. She looked up at the ceiling, and counted every splash of white paint that now is on the ceiling from painting the walls. It did not help her from thinking of everything else.

         She looked around and noticed that something was in her house that was not there before it was a bag. It belonged to Alexander, and Angel could tell that it was his bag because every one of his friends signed his bag as a memory, and she remembers what she wrote, and she could see it. Stay cool bud was what she had written, and she laughed at that, it was always something they would tell each other, it was only three words but they meant a lot. It was when Alex's father had died, and they had started to develop a relationship that was unbreakable until present day, but lately Alex was always leaving, he still came by to wish her luck.

         She did not want to squeeze or demand him to tell her everything, whenever he felt it was right he would tell her. However, something about the way he had mentioned William's name was shocking, he knew him somehow, but Angel never knew how. Some things maybe easily to know, but Angel did not want to always think of the simplest reason for anything.

        Especially about Alex, he might have been a victim of William, or maybe he was just his professor like he had said. Angel shook her head, what would she do with his backpack, should she open it or just not touch it and wait for him to get it or call him and he would take it right now?

        She sat back up, and looked at his backpack for almost ten minutes, just thinking of what her decision might be. If she opened it she might understand why Alex was so distant, but if he found out he would be upset with her. But, if he did not find out.. She would then have to life with the guilt of snooping around his belongings.

        She took a deep breath in and decided. She would do something she would probably regret.

         She dragged his back from one couch to the other, where she had her pillow and blanket. She put the yellow blanket around her body, wth the pillow behind her back. She placed the big bag on her stomach, and it was heavy, it must have had a lot of things in it. She bit her bottom lip, and opened the big bag.

         It had so many things that Angel had lost track, she looked at all of the things that were now placed on her stomach. Many papers, some souvenirs, and things she had no clue at what they were. All these papers had no importance to Angel, but they must have had some importance towards Alex for keeping them.

        Only one paper caught Angel's attention. All the papers were loose, and most of them were just his assignments he had done that year, or they were some letters from his girlfriend or his friends, he also had one that Angel made for him. Angel felt a cramp in her heart, that note must have meant a lot to him.

         She moved it away, and took out the paper that caught her interest right away. The hidden pink letter that was still inside of his bag that was in the bag's zipper. She unzipped the zipper at the bottom of the bag and took out the paper. The pink paper was folded multiple times, so Angel unfolded this piece of paper.

         She yet again, took another deep breath in before she read what was on this pink sheet of paper. She flipped the sheet of paper to the proper side, and began reading. The piece of paper was a blood test he had done. It was a blood test about family; he was taking a blood test with someone to check if he was related to the other person.

        The test result was positive; who ever Alex tried to do the blood test with it was positive. Angel biting on her lower lip gently flipped the sheet again.

Hello everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  

Vote, Comment and Share.

Remember keep smiling! :)

Xoxo.

My Angel Copyrighted ©.