Runaway

"Tooom!!!"

"Umph."

George sighed. Tom wasn't about to budge- and that wasn't a surprise. He'd have to resort to his secret weapon. He reached into his pocket and-

HOOONNNKK!!!

"What the bloody hell..." Tom sat up rigidly in his bed and rubbed his eyes furiously, blinking toward the doorway to see who the hell had made that noise...

"C'mon, get dressed!" George said, tossing a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt at Tom's head. Tom grunted, not quite awake yet.

"Why are you at my house at..." He glanced at the clock- "...bloody five o'clock?"

George grinned, not even the least bit appalled at Tom's anger. "We're going on a trip."

Tom groaned. "Bob's got acid?"

"No," George answered, smiling. "We do not encourage the readers of this oneshot to resort to drugs, although-"

"George, shut the hell up and let me sleep," Tom interjected, his voice becoming dangerously soft.

George shook his head. "No can do, Tommy. Get your clothes on. We're going to Bob's next."

Tom fell back against the bed, groaning. Boy, this was going to be great.

When Tom came out onto the driveway, he spotted something very peculiar tied to the back of George's van. 

It was a freaking boat.

"Like the ride?" George asked Tom, smiling. Tom could now clearly see what George was wearing- a pair of faded jeans, old sneakers, and a shirt that said: "FISHIN'- GOOD FOR THE SOUL." The shirt had a big picture of a blue fish on the front. The usual corny George.

Tom stared at George's peculiar shirt for a minute, and then at the boat, and then back at George. "Where the hell's the boat from?"

"I bought it," George said proudly.

"You went out and bought a boat... just like that?"

He nodded defiantly, not realizing his huge mistake.

Tom sighed. "Do you know what? I'm just not even going to ask. Let's go get Bob."

"Knew you'd give in," George muttered.

"What was that?" Tom asked him as he climbed into the van.

"Nothing," George said quickly, turning on the ignition. "Let's roll."

******

"George!"

George peeked out of the window. "What's up, Jeff?"

"There's a bloody boat attached to your van!" Jeff roared.

"We know," Roy, Bob, and Tom chorused dryly. Roy and Bob were crammed in the backseat between all the endless fishing gear that George had brought with him. Not that he had a clue how to use it.

"Do you even know how to drive a boat?"

"Nope."

Jeff looked absolutely terrified. "George-"

"Just get in, huh?" Tom cut Jeff off. "We'll explain everything later. Not that this bloke would care to." 

George started laughing uncontrollably, and Roy followed helplessly. Soon enough the others had joined in.

"You went out-" Jeff gasped out between fits of laughter- "And bought a boat?"

George nodded, shaking with laughter.