I need help

It was about time something this major would happen between them, no? Also, Loki makes up his mind about what he wants to do with/for Alana.

Although she initially refused to tell him what had been going on, who was the call from and what made her mood drop, after a beautiful night spent together "watching" silly movies (she just kept her eyes closed and her head leaning back on the cushions, concentrating on imagining what was going on) and eating a dinner he hadn't expected to taste so good, considering it was made by a blind person, he eventually found out. He almost hated his persuasion skills now that he thought about what she had told him.

And that was the main reason why Loki stayed up the whole night, mostly with his face hidden by his large arms, in deep thought as he considered all the possibilities, the rest having conversations with his brother and Tony and eventually anyone who wanted to know what was wrong. He didn't care anymore. He didn't even know why he felt so devastated by it, but he knew for a fact that he wanted to do something about it.

His mind kept wandering back to the moment she eventually moved her head to look in his direction.

"It was my ophthalmologist." she breathed out.

"Your what?" he questioned, unfamiliar with what seemed to be medical terms.

"Eye doctor." she explained, before taking another deep breath.

"Oh. I see. Was it something related to your sight?" at that, she nodded, not noticing how he leaned closer, intrigued by what she was saying.

"Yes..." she took another deep breath. It was obvious that the following things weren't easy for her to say. It was also obvious that he really wanted to hear, since he pestered her the whole evening. "He told me about the surgery..."

"Surgery?" he nudged her on.

"Yes. Surgery. There is a surgery I can undergo that might solve my problems. And I would hopefully be able to see again." she covered her face with her small hands.

He reached out and took her hands in his, slowly stroking her knuckles.

"Then what's the problem? Why are you not doing this...surgery?" he pushed, intrigued.

"Because I don't have the money for the surgery. And the bank won't give me a loan." she whispered rushed, hoping that he will either not hear or understand and drop the subject.

"The only problem you have is your Midgardian currency?" one of his eyebrows were quirked as he tried to take in the small worry line on her forehead and the way her lips were slowly turning into a pout.

"It might not be important for a god, but for me, it's the only thing that stands between the blindness and the possibility of seeing again..." she scrunched her nose and sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"I see." He whispered and that was the only moment when she realized how close he actually was. She jerked up a bit, but didn't move much, not knowing where exactly he stood on the couch.

"Can we just talk about so- " she didn't manage to finish her sentence when she felt cold fingers on her forehead.

"What are you doing?" she whispered, finally having felt his even breath on her face. He didn't answer, he just continued to slowly caress her forehead and then her temples, slowly massaging them.

"I do not like how much this bothers you. I wish I could help." he continued to slowly caress and smooth out the expression wrinkles that adorned her otherwise lovely features, slowly drawing down to the lines around her mouth. He brushed one thumb over her lips before leaning up to press his lips to her forehead.