Don't Let It Burn (Part 1)

EXT. Degrassi parking lot

We open CLOSE UP on ZIG’S face showing the school in the background slightly blocked by the bus ZIG is standing behind.

ZIG

Look man, I can’t keep on doing this, I’m loosing everyone. Maya hates me now and so does my own mom.

CLOSE UP on VINCE

VINCE

Listen up kid, I told you this before, you’re gonna do what I tell you and when I tell you.

We see DREW behind VINCE as he nearly walks in on their conversation behind the bus. DREW backs up to the back of the bus and stands around the corner listening.

ZIG

There has to be a way out! Maya chucked me out! Where am I meant to stay now?

VINCE

That’s your problem not mine, now here are new pills for you to sell. I want the money brought to me by Friday. Got it?

VINCE says as he takes a packet of pills out of the inside of his jacket’s pocket and hits ZIG’S chest with them. ZIG takes the packet and puts them in his bag as VINCE walks off past him.

CLOSE UP of DREW’S phone who taps on BIANCA’S name in his contacts and calls her. The call gets directed to her voicemail.

DREW

Hey Bianca, it’s Drew. I just wanted to check if you’re safe and still at collage. I just found out Vince is out of jail and saw him harass some kid from Degrassi. You know selling drugs like you did. Don’t come to Toronto when you can, I don’t want you to go through all of this again. Stay safe Bee. Call me when you get this.

INT. Prom hall

IMOGEN, JACK and BECKY are decorating the prom hall. JACK and IMOGEN are putting up a banner while BECKY sorts out the buffet table by putting everything on it from boxes standing near by.

BECKY

(looks over at the pair)

So are you two love birds going to prom together?

IMOGEN

(cheerfully)

You betcha! Couldn’t exactly say no to Jack’s promposal.

JACK

And my charm.

The pair giggle as we see Becky looking slightly upset about not having a date.

BECKY

How did you prompose?

JACK

I invited her over to my place where I set out lit candles out on the porch spelling “prom?”, you should have seen her face.