Meet the Characters: Harry Potter

Full Name:  Harry James Potter

Occupation:  Head Auror, Auror Office, Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Born:  31 July 1980

Age:  37

Status:  Half-blood

Eye Color:  bright green

Hair Color:  black

Family:  Ginerva (Ginny) Molly Potter  [wife]

               James Sirius Potter  [son]

               Albus Severus Potter  [son]

               Lily Luna Potter  [daughter]

After Voldemort's defeat at his hand, Potter has gone on to greater heights as an Auror, playing a crucial role in expelling the corruption that has taken hold in the Department as well as in other departments within the Ministry. Since Kingsley Shacklebolt took over as acting Minister, Potter and his two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, were instrumental in the reforms that swept the British Ministry.

Since Potter became Head Auror at the tender age of 26, his continued efforts in reform led to a movement within the wizarding world to modernize. But before Potter's rise culminated to his appointment in the Head Auror's seat, he and a fellow Auror set out to track down the bloke responsible for stealing certain research notes from the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts. And now, years later, another mystery unfolds . . .

Harry has grown up quite a bit since Voldemort's final defeat, having been through much as an Auror. Due to the shortage of Aurors, Minister Shacklebolt slackened the requirements for Aurors and their training, cutting the total time training from three years to just one, especially for those who participated in the Battle of Hogwarts. Harry was one such participant and his abilities and detective skills (solving all those mysteries in his Hogwarts years definitely helped) served him well in his line of work.

Soon after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry began courting Ginny and they later married, with Ron and Hermione marrying soon after. The Potters then had three beautiful and lively children, James (12), Albus (11), and Lily (9). The family has become very close to one another, despite the two boys' frequent displays of sibling rivalry.