furt

This chapter is for Maddie. Love you Mads💕

I march angrily up to Finn, anger coursing through my veins. "Hudson!" I shout, drawing attention. I've obtained the reputation of beating peoples asses. "Ruby-"

"No," I cut him off. "You don't get to talk after you called Kurt that nasty name! Why the hell would you do that? He could end up being your brother! For gods sake, your mom was moving in with Burt!"

"Oh like you would know about families Ruby!" Finn snapped and I stared up at him. "At least you still have a family!" I shout and the hall got quiet. "I just have broken pieces..." I whisper as I look down, shaking my head. "Ruby..."

I spin around and walk away, passing Mike.

[#]

I walk into school the next day with my head down to hide the bruise going across my nose. I got into a fight with mom, but my excuse is I got into a fight with one of the Vocal Adrenaline girls.

Sadly, I didn't have enough makeup to cover the bruise.

"Ruby?"

I look up and Mike gasps quietly. "What happened?!" He asked quietly and I sigh, looking back down. "Got into a fight." I mumble softly. "With who?"

He grabbed my shoulders and ducked down to my eyes. "Not important." I mumble. "Ruby, please. Don't shut me out please. I love you too much to give up on you."

"Don't do this Mike." I was slowly breaking, and Mike was tearing me into little pieces. "It wasn't your mom, was it?" He asked quietly and my eyes welled with tears. "Let's just go to Glee."

[#]

"Dude was a wild animal." Mike says and I look down. "Manimal." Artie says and I dig my nails into my hand. "I'm so turned on by you right now." Brittany says to Artie.

"How bad does it look?" Sam asks. "It's pretty hot actually." Quinn says. "You have no idea how hard it was for not to jump into that beat down." Puck cuts in, complaining about his probation.

My phone dings and I close my eyes gently, sighing. "I have to go." I whisper quietly as I sling my bag over my shoulder. "You guys have fun."

[•]

I quietly walk into the apartment and set my keys in the dish, glancing around for my mom. When I realized she wasn't here, I relaxed.

I shuffle to my room, but I only get to Rae's room. I stare at the door and the bag slips from my shoulder, hitting the floor with a loud thump.

"Ru Ru,"

I jump and look around, but no one was around. Only Rae called me "Ru Ru".

"Rae?" I ask quietly, thinking I was losing my mind.

"Come inside Ru Ru. Let's talk."

I sigh and comply to the ghost in my mind, twisting Rae's doorknob. I walk in and suck in a breath, staring at my older sister.

She was there. She was real. Well, she looked real. Deep down I knew she wasn't really here, but in that moment, it looked like she really was here.

"Why'd you do it Rae?" I ask as my lip quivered. "Tsk tsk little sister. No "hello"? I deserve that, right?" She scolds and I shake my head. "No. Not after you broke our pact."

"Ruby," she sighs. "I knew you wouldn't go through with it. You just met Mike and look at you now. You two are perfectly in love, every moment of everyday."

"I would've done it! Instead, I got to watch dad leave us behind like he didn't give a damn..." I whisper. "You think it was easy for me to watch from the sidelines?"

"I had to watch you break your ankle and keep walking on it because you didn't want to disappoint me or Mike. I have to watch you harm yourself every damn day. I have to watch you fight with mom. Believe me, Ruby-Grace, that was not a walk in the park."

"I'm sorry Rae." I sniffle and my arms fall to my side. Warm tears slide down my icy cheeks as I look away from her. "It's okay Ru Ru. I'm just happy you got to see me after missing me so much. Now sing to me with that beautiful voice."

"I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts
Still rocking your

I used to put my hand in your pockets (holding on)
The smell of your cologne is still on it (but you're still gone)
Slip it on over my shoulders
Someone I'll never get over
Makes me feel a little bit closer to you
I can't keep your love
I can't keep your kiss
Gave you everything and all I got was this

I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts

Still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns

Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts
Still rocking your

If you want it back
If you want it back
I'm here waiting
Come take it back
Come take it back
If you want it back
If you want it back
I'm here waiting
Come take it back
Come take it back

I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts

I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts

I'm still rocking your hoodie
And chewing on the strings
It makes me think about you
So I wear it when I sleep
I kept the broken zipper
And cigarette burns
Still rocking your hoodie
Baby, even though it hurts
I'm still rocking your hoodie"

[•]