14th Chapter- Operation Rescue

-Third Person View-

"You stupid jerk! This is all your fault!" Lenalee backhanded Kanda with the force to turn his head to the side. He remained expressionless as she began to break down, crying. "My cousin could be dead because you're so...you!" Still, Kanda made no comment, and his facial expression didn't change, but it didn't stop the red mark from forming on his stinging cheek.

Allen walked in Naomi's abandoned room, crouching down on the floor. He picked up a black feather on the carpet, examining it. "Matthew Tate," he murmured.

A few hours had passed since her disappearance, Komui had chewed Kanda out, Allen had berated him, Lenalee slapped him for a second time when he made no comment, and Lavi only shook his head. Rumors spread across the Order about Kanda, some said he let her get taken right before his eyes, while others claimed he had directed Matthew exactly to where Naomi was. Kanda scowled. He was lying down on his bed in the darkness of his room, arms behind his head, his door shut and locked. He gazed at the ceiling.

"I suppose it's yours, and his, fate to die by the hand of a Noah."

Kanda shut his eyes tightly at the recalling of this memory before finally losing all of his composure. He arose from his bed, spewing words of anger and slamming his fists into the wall numerous times until he had heard the satisfying crack from a bone somewhere in his hand. He tore off the sheets of his bed, tossed the mattress across the room, blocking the entrance door and kicked open the door to his bathroom, knocking everything over by the sink, pulling out the shower curtains in anger. He took a few breaths. Kanda slid down the wall of his bathroom, landing on the cool tile. He put his head in his numb hands, and finally, the samurai silently let the tears escape his eyes, covering his face. No sobs were heard, nothing was heard as the fluid slid down his sullen face, his body shook a little as he cried, but still, he made sure he wasn't heard.

"I'm so sorry," he choked.

<~~~~>

"I am the Millennium Earl," the Earl grinned.

The Millennium Earl?!

Naomi tried to not act shocked.

"It surprises most people at first," a girl with spiky purple-blue hair shrugged.

An akuma waiter came by, putting a glass in front of both Matt and Naomi, scowling at Naomi. Matt noticed. "The hell are you looking it?!"

"N-nothing Master Noah sir," the akuma stuttered nervously.

"You look at her like that again and you won't exist anymore," Matt threatened, taking out a switchblade.

"Yes sir! My apologies sir!" the akuma sped off.

Matt relaxed, sighing. "Honestly.." He looked at Naomi who was still staring intently at the Earl of Millennium. Matt gave a reassuring smile. "Come on Naomi, let's have our drink. Doesn't your head hurt as well?"

Naomi's gaze broke as she looked back to the Noah of Deception. "Huh? Oh yeah." Naomi picked up the glass, raising it to her lips, and Matt followed suit.

"Well now that we're all here we can finally discuss the important things we came here for," the Earl rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Oh, but first! Everyone welcome Matthew's lover Naomi, and introduce yourselves."

The whole table turned to look at her. She gave a nervous wave.

A man around the same height as Tyki was the first to introduce himself. "Sheril Kamelot, Noah of Desire lovely lady," he gave a flirtatious smile.

"Hey! Stop being a womanizer!" Matt hollered.

Sheril smiled. "I'm only having a little fun. Calm down brother."