Yandere Vampire Hunter x Vampire! Reader

((You've heard of Stockholm Syndrome, now get ready for... whatever the hell this is.

This actually took me forever to write. Partially because its pretty long, and partially because I'm not that into vampires. But I've seen tons of vampire yanderes, and I'm kinda sick of them. oh how the turns have tabled...))

You run through the forest, breath cold, not daring to look behind you. Your clan had warned you for years that something like this could happen, but you never thought the threat could be so real. After all, who would have thought that so much damage could be caused by a human?

You hear another gunshot. Sure, the rifle itself wouldn't kill your family, but it wasn't supposed to. It was just supposed to slow them down until the hunter could lob their heads off. You feel grateful for a moment, glad that the sound was far away, before being filled with unnamable dread. Had it hit one of your clanmates?

You let out a sob and keep running. Everything you've ever been taught says to just make it out alive. Survive, and you would meet up with anyone else who made it at a second, hidden nest where you could stay for a while.

The sound of footsteps draws nearer, or rather, you come closer towards it. You slow, trying to conceal the sound of your own steps, in case it's the human.

"Please," comes a familiar male voice, "Y-you don't have to do this!" You cover your mouth with your hands to stop a sound of fear. It's your brother, Tomas.

"You filthy bloodsucker," a darker, gruff voice says, "Don't pretend you don't deserve this!" You press your back against a tree, listening in horror.

"I-I haven't done anything, I swear!" your brother pleads.

"No? Tell that to all the innocent people your kind have killed!"

You can hear Tomas' voice breaking. "No, no, w-we don't do that! I p-promise, we're a peaceful clan!"

The hunter scoffs. "There's no such thing as peaceful for you monsters."

You hear the rifle being cocked. You bite your tongue to hold back a scream as the weapon goes off, despite your brother's pitiful cries. It's so much louder this close. Heavy footsteps thud closer to him, and you hear the scraping of metal as the hunter readys an axe.

All common sense drifts away in that moment, every word of your clan's instructions fleeing like they themselves have. You rush out towards the two men, throwing yourself in front of your brother with a desperate shout.

"Please, don't kill him!" you beg, shielding Tomas with your body. "He's telling the truth!" He weeps in pain behind you, shielding his leg where he had been shot. Your species don't bleed, but that doesn't mean you don't feel. "None of us, not a single one, has ever killed another person in our lives! Sure, it's hard for all twenty six of us to live off of livestock and prey, but we do it anyway, because we don't want to hurt anybody!"

The hunter narrows his eyes, not believing you.

"I-I know some of what my species has done," you continue, "I know they've... done bad things. But please, you have to believe me, we're not all like that! Spare my brother, please!"

"'Spare'," the hunter growls, "Do you know how many humans I've heard scream that very word before having their necks torn into?"

"[Y/n]", Tomas groans, "He - he won't listen. Just run, leave me, please."

You turn to him, ignoring the present danger, and kneel down to where he's slumped against the thick trunk. You wrap your arms around him as if your embrace will keep him safe. "No. I'm not leaving you to die." You turn your gaze back to the hunter, eyes igniting.