The Fate of Our Feelings

Pranay and Kunal were sitting in the canteen of St. Xaviers.

"I don't know man! Should I? Or I shouldn't? It's been around 4 months since I know her. I don't even know if..."

"Stop being a pussy! 4 months is long time, you need 4 years?" Interrupted Kunal.

"Dude! It's not about that, I don't want to put a dent on our affable relationship. Especially now, when she recently has had a break up." Said Pranay.

"She had a break up last month, its been more than 30 days! That's enough time to recover. I had proposed Nitu just a week after her break up. You should not waste more time, learn from me."

"You said I love you and ran away, that's not proposing." Said Pranay sipping his coffee.

"Whatever, now she's my girlfriend, that's what matters. Just tell Ansika how much you love her, it's 14th February tomorrow, make this Valentine's yours!" said Kunal opening his mouth wide to bite the burger.

"Yes, you're right." He zestfully replied.

It was late in the night, Pranay was sleeping on his bed, chatting with Ansika,

'You are coming for the valentine's day party tomorrow, right?' she asked.

'Of course, I am. I'll get to dance with you after all.'

'Don't be late at least tomorrow. 9 pm is the time.'

Pranay always came late to the college.

'Yes dear' he replied.

'I'll sleep now.'

'Good night Miss beautiful. Sweet dreams, take care.'

'Good night sweetu. '

'sweetu, that's new. :D'

She sent a laughing smiley and went offline.

Pranay couldn't sleep, every time he was closing his eyes, he couldn't stop imagining himself with Ansika. He imagined how she'll react when he proposes her, would she turn away and say No? Or she may say- I've always seen a best friend in you.' That's how girls friend zone guys. Either they'll give the relationship a 'Best Friends' tag or when they smell some feelings from the guy, they begin adding the suffix 'buddy' or 'yaar' after every text- 'good night buddy, good morning buddy.' This had happened to him with his previous crush.

The night went on with thoughts about how he is going to propose Ansika until an idea struck him.

The alarm was screaming after being snoozed 4 times, finally Pranay woke up. It was 8 in the morning. 'Shit'! He cursed himself and whoever invented the snooze option in the phone.

He was wearing a denim shirt, brown corduroy trouser, a turquoise coloured fast track watch and brown leather shoes.

He was racing his bike through the traffic jammed streets until there was no way to to go ahead. He had to stop for the vehicles ahead of him to move. His heart was beating fast, he was going to propose her today, 'how will she react?' he kept thinking. Initially when she talked to him she was very intimidating, and even now she is. He had crush on her the moment she had entered the class, her vivacious looks were hard to resist, most of the boys in the class were awestruck, including Pranay.

Throughout the term, she was the most interesting topic boys gossiped about. Rumours were that she is dating Nayan Bhoir, richest dude in the college, son of famous Politician Mr. Dharmesh Bhoir. He was mascular, and the time in which he had gained those huge biceps showed that he had injected steroids. He was in third year B.com and had failed his class twice whereas Pranay was in Third Year BMM, and so was Ansika. He used to come to college in his Audi S5. Pranay always saw him surrounded by hot girls of the college, 'Is it because of his looks or the money?' he always wondered, 'Maybe both', And Pranay had none, he wasn't bad looking, but he wasn't as Good looking as Hrithik Either. Lean muscled body, wheatish complexion, good height, that's how Pranay was.