You learn it the hard way

It had been three days since I left my home with Jason, and now it was time to go back. It was time to face the reality, something that is still as difficult to digest as it was the day I found about it.

Both Jason and I wanted to say goodbye to dad but he was on heavy tranquilizers as the pain was increasing. I still kissed his forehead before leaving and promised his unconscious self that I'd be back as soon as possible.

There are four of us on the way home. Jason, Jenna, Alec and I. According to Aunt May, Alec's presence was necessary in case things got out of hand, but I couldn't understand her concern. What could go so wrong that we'd need a six feet four inch long and 150 pound bodyguard with us, but I didn't question her.

When we finally land, I switch on my phone and find some phone calls and texts. As I was away on a weekend, it didn't create much hue and cry, but Mrs Hall's messages is what I read first.

" Hey." I call Jason as we were entering the car available on the airport for us. He turns towards me." I need to go to school first, something came up there." I say. He nods at me and walks over to Alec and Jenna. After a small change of words and Alec's curt nod and ' Sir' , they walk away leaving the car and the two of us. " Where did they-" I ask Jason as he comes and stands next to me. " They are going home in another car while I'm dropping you school."

" Jason, you don't have to-" I try to convince him but he stops me by opening the passenger door of the car and I get inside without asking anything else. Even after we reach school, Jason still doesn't leave my side and walks in with me. I find it a little odd but don't question it.

" I know it's a bit early," He breaks the silence," but mom asked me to tell you that it'll be really great if you could stay at our place today." Jason says with a wishful touch.

" I don't know. I really need time to ponder over everything that I found in the last three days. It really is a lot to take in. Specially about my mom.
It's just, I can't get myself to accept the fact that there always was this side of her. During my whole childhood as well as my teenage, it was my mother whom I relied on. I need to figure it out first." I sigh and try to say the next lines as sweetly as possible." No offense, but I am not in the position to trust either of my parents. I need some time."

" Sure I can understand. But I hope I can at least drop you to your house?" He asks carefully.

I immediately hug him." I meant it when I said that I love you, Jason. I'm only confused about my parents, not about us."

I look at him straight in the eyes and slowly lean in, connecting our lips and leaving a deep lingering kiss." I love you." He says a little baffled.

We stay like that for a moment, just looking at each other until he breaks the silence again." Shall we?"

"Actually, I have to meet Mrs Hall alone. I need to talk to her about that art school and she specifically texted me to come alone to talk about something confidential." I say to which he asks." If it's okay, I could stand outside the theatre?"

" No need, it'll only take five minutes. You wait in the car." I say and place my hand on his chest. He leans and pecks me." I'll be waiting."

We both take off in different directions. I take a left turn to go towards the theatre to meet Mrs Hall.
I can see the door to the theatre about twelve feet away, but out of nowhere, a hand comes from behind me and muffles my mouth, dragging me into an empty classroom.

The person pushes me inside and I hear the click of the lock. I turn around to face Tristen wearing a completely blank look on his face.

" Where were you for the last three days?" He asks squinting his eyes a little and crossing his arms.