Chapter two

Chapter two

Cheap alcohol

Street kids, tattoos and drugs did not mix together very well. My mother would be very disappointed in me it she knew what I did half of the time, to be honest I myself am ashamed of what I get myself caught up in most of the time. But that's life and no one can cheat life. Orange and purple intertwined in the sky above me as I walked over to my beloved skate park, chicken in hand, and placed myself in the groove of a slope. I sat there munching on my deep fried goods just watching people, mainly up-to-no-good teens smoking pot or challenging the height of the skate parks slopes. The sounds of plastic wheels screeching against the concrete filled ears, hoots and shouts arose through out the skate park as somebody must have accomplished a new trick. I wish I was one of those cheers, a cheer that would soon be joined with other cheers, but no. I have ridiculed my self on how much time I spend alone. I know it's not healthy- fuck I spend most of my time drowning my poor lungs in smoke and slowly killing my self with cheap alcohol. It's worse because I'm only 17. Wasted half of the time, bad reputation at school, mute most of the time. It's hard to crack me open, I'll admit I'm a fighter when it comes to my past. I don't share it easily.

"Watch out!"

A scream sounded my way, but it wasn't fast enough because soon enough a hard impact hit the side of my body. Hitting the ground with the side of my body I could feel skin leaving my elbows as I put them behind me before my head made contact with the concrete. But it was a failed attempt because the rest of me was pushed down by heavy body mass.

"Urgh- shit that was a hard fall." An accented voice said.

Looking up I saw a brunette boy lying on top of me, his hands braced on each side of me obviously to stop any contact with the concrete and his face. Groaning I tried to sit up but a sharp pain shot through my back, a stinging pain was lingering on my elbows and looking at them I could see that some of my skin was scraped off; Blood painted the smooth concrete in thin strips.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up and started directly into a pair of blue eyes. Feeling incapable of speech due to the fact that I was just hammered into and it would only be natural for me to be winded, I shook my head in response.

"Well um sorry..." He apologised.

"Ok that's great but- ugh..ow. Can you get off me?" I said in wheezes as pain rippled through me.

"W-well yeah sure, I mean ok, yeah. What ever." Brunette boy stuttered.

Rolling off he placed himself in a sitting position a few metres away from me. Not going to attempt sitting up again I just lied there taking on shallow breathes as I let the pain simmer down. Silence surrounded us besides both of our shallow breathing. My head buzzed and my body ached along with the sharp pain that kept shooting through my arms and back.

"So what's your name?" Asked the boy.

"Excuse me?"

"What's your name?" He repeated.

Snorting at how random he was I tried sitting up again. This time accomplishing the task.

"Cara." I said.

"Cara?" He questioned.

"Yeah."

"Well...nice name, kind of plain but cute at the same time."

Plain? Well wasn't he nice.

"My names Niall-if you were wondering." He- Niall stated.

"Well I wasn't." I assured.

Snorting he stood up and walked over to me, and for a second I thought he was going to help me up, but my hope of him being a gentle man and helping the girl he crashed into shrivelled up and died when he picked up his skate board. Jerk. Taking in one last shallow breath I stood up and faced him. I didn't know what to say to him, and I didn't know if I should say anything. Once again silence was filled between is as Niall just stood there with his skate board and- if course standing as well, contemplated whether to say something or not.

"Well uh- sorry about that, and uh.." He paused for a second and looked behind me before continuing "...your chicken as well."

Looking behind me I saw that all of my chicken was spilled and scattered everywhere. About to say something to him I was cut off by the sound of his skateboard rolling on the concrete away from me. staring at his departing figure I sighed and started picking up my poor chicken. Jerk. That was all that came to mind when his name went through me head. And I know I don't know him and he did say sorry, but still, he spilled my chicken so there for he is a jerk. One big fat jerk.

_______________________________

HEYY GUYS!! sorry if this chapter was to short I will be updating soon and I hope you enjoyed reading chapter three of 'society killed the teenager.'

Love- baboons and pink dogs xx