Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Draco raised an eyebrow. "My Mother will be fine." He reassured as he stepped inside placing the broom down. "Come with me." He spoke and made his way over to a large bedroom where he placed the bags he packed and started emptying them.
Harry frowned as he watched draco unpack the bags. The boy began to look around the room, nervously he moved towards the boy, reaching out to take one of the bags.

Draco finished placing his stuff out before he sighed. "Are you hungry?"
Harry shook his head, still feeling full from the water and bite of sandwich from earlier.

Draco nodded. "Okay, you should try to take a bath and clean yourself up a bit. I'll go run some water." He responded and made his way to the nearest largest bathroom to start getting the tub ready.
Harry looked confused at the mention of a 'bath'.
The boy felt alone and afraid as Draco left the room, leaning on the bed so he didn't fall over "draco" the boy whimpered.

Draco took a few minutes to get it all ready before he turned to Harry. "It's alright. Just uhh follow me and go into the water. I'll give you some privacy so you can take your clothes off."

Harry looked utterly lost at what draco was saying, deciding to just stick his arms up expectantly, waiting for Draco to pick him up.
The boy was making progress with walking but it wasn't enough to fully walk without aid yet.

Draco sighed and made his way over. "Okay ready?" He spoke and wrapped an arm around him to help him walk. "Let's take small steps okay?"
Harry nodded, standing up. His legs shook beneath him as he took small steps, one arm holding onto Draco and the other held in front of him. The boy fell once or twice but always got back up.
He stopped at the sight of the water and furiously shook his head.

Draco sighed. "Can you take your clothes off by yourself? Because I really don't want to be doing that either." He questioned him.
Harry frowned and shifted away from Draco, falling onto the toilet seat the boy pulled at his clothes, he got his shirt halfway off and gave up, whimpering at the sudden cold.

Draco sighed and took off the mans shirt for him before he picked him up. "We can just get your other clothes off later." He spoke and carefully set Harry into the warm water.
Harry's body jolted at the warm temperature. It was so different to the cold in azkaban and Harry loved it. The boy lay back a little more, quickly noticing that he was sat in a big tub of what narcissa had given him in a cup earlier. The water was quickly turning brown from dirt as years of dirt began to erode away.

Draco sat beside the man for a while as he let the water soak the dirt off of him before he turned his gaze onto the man. "Are you ready to come out now?"
Harry looked at draco and back at the water. It was still quite warm. The boy shook his head vigorously, purposely sinking even deeper into the water "no." He scowled.

Draco nodded. "Alright, at least let me get some more clean water then?" He spoke as he pulled the plug letting the dirty water fall down the drain. He waited until all of it was down before setting the plug back in and placing more hot water into the tub. "There we go."
Harry watched the water, his eyes widening in shock. The boy shuffled over to where the plug was and apprehensively touched it, as if he was waiting to disappear like the water did.

Draco frowned at Harry. "It's just for the water Harry." He spoke and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Just go back to relaxing okay? And try to make sure all the dirt is off of you."
Harry nodded and lay back down, occasionally poking the plug with his toe. After a while, he was all clean and yawning, scrambling to get out of the lukewarm water.

Draco moved to pull Harry out of the water and wrapped a towel around him. He then helped him walk back to the bedroom and placed him on the bed. "Wait here." He spoke and made his way out of the room before he came back and placed some new clothes on the bed. "Do you need help getting them on?"
Harry shook his head, deciding to try and do some things for himself. The boy could speak but not well. He was a quiet boy who preferred not to talk much, a part of his personality that would probably stay forever. It was the total opposite to how he used to be.
Where the boy was once loud and brave, there now stood a quiet and shy boy with doe like green eyes and could get frightened at the smallest of things.

Draco nodded and turned around. "I'll be in the hall when you're done. Just call for me." He responded and stepped out closing the door as he eyed the familiar hall.
Harry frowned but nodded anyway, managing to get one leg into his pants. The boy sat on the edge of the bed as he pulled his pants up, deciding to leave the shirt off.
"Draco!" The boy yelled, waiting for the blonde.

Draco walked in and eyed the man. "You need help with your shirt or you just want it kept off?" He questioned with a blonde eyebrow raised.
"Off" the boy mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at the shirt.
Harry looked at draco, his eyes widening as his stomach growled. It seemed his appetite was already getting bigger.

Draco stepped over to him and brought him off the bed. He then started to move him to the kitchen and sat him at the table. "I'll find some food."
Harry nodded, leaning back on the chair as he watched Draco rummage around for food. "Where's narcissa?" He asked, concerned for the woman.

Draco shook his head. "At my house." He responded before he brought out some supplies to make sandwiches for both of them.
Harry smiled and put his head on the table, watching as the table went dark and then light once he lifted his head "draco?" The boy asked "can I ask you a question..?"
Draco placed a sandwich in front of the man. "What?" He questioned.
"Why am I here?" He asked a little sadly. "And why did the people in white coats do what they did?" The boy frowned, tears forming in his eyes as he recalled the memories.