Prolouge

Hiya~

I had this idea in my head for a bit. I already made a few chapters, and posted it to a different site, so don't be alarmed if I post chapters at max speed or something oof 

Enjoy this overly dramatic fic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so sudden, too sudden. It happened so fast, everything felt fine before. Everyone was there to comfort him, but it didn't change what he saw. He turned his sightless gaze away from the building.

Marshall stared down at the ground, tears running down his cheeks. The crackling of the flames only seemed to get louder, as did the sound of snapping and breaking of the house's structure. He took a deep breath before sobbing into his paws. He felt Ryder, and the others wrap their arms around him.

He tried, he know he did, but it just wasn't enough.

"I killed them... I killed them- they're dead... Cause of me!" Marshall sobbed into Ryder's vest.

"Don't say that! You didn't kill anyone!" Chase barked. His voice sounded stern, but Marshall could make out the sorrow in his voice.

"No! I...." the dalmatian only broke off into a heavier flurry of tears. Everything after was a blur. He didn't remember what happened. He remembered waking up the next day, and feeling the same melancholy feeling.

Never in his life did he feel so guilty.