Chapter 51: Damn

Ok ya'll so this is the end.....Let's not all cry at once, it had to end sometime and there might...I repeat..might.... be a sequel. I just want to thank everyone for reading my story and to keep sharing my work, I love ya'll for sticking with me throughout this book. I hope you enjoy the ending....

A month and a half later

Cleo had worn a flouncy shirt to hide the slight bulge in her stomach and left her curly hair in it's natural wild state for the effect of the true Cleopatra she knew he loved and adored. She wasn't quite radiant this day, but vibrant. As all the emotions a woman could have swirled throughout her body, love seemed to be the overwhelming factor. She had so much love for her family and friends it could bring one to tears, in fact it brought Cleo to tears when she thought about it too long. There was the reunited family of Jenny, Jerome, and their newborn Jerome Jr., to whom the award for the most handsome little boy had to be given. Blessed with the Jordan eyes his father had missed, the molten skin of both his parents, and the comforting temperament of his mother, the little boy was a shoo in for his Auntie Cleo's sidekick. He could often be found in her arms or close by, though less than two months old the little boy had made a lasting bond with the woman who'd quite literally helped birth him.

After witnessing the horrible sight of Wakeem being killed in front of her Jenny had gone into an early labor. Though Cleo had momentarily fainted at the sight of the man she loved being killed in front of her, she'd regained consciousness at the sound of Jenny's birthing screams and for the next seven hours stood by her side and helped her deliver a healthy baby boy. The family was now back at home and living a peaceful life thanks to the money Nathan had afforded them and the support Cleo had never wavered in. Next in line was Jessica Padilla. The young woman was continuing her schooling and left the treacherous memory of her father in the past where it belonged, while conversely bringing the memory of her mother back to life by researching her history with the help of her Aunt. Her and Cleo still met once a week to catch up, she was gonna be an Auntie to Cleo's child after all.

Kaline was awaiting trial for his attempted murder of Wakeem and his son was now  bouncing around in the foster care system until a viable relative could step up to the plate. He didn't regret for one moment what he did, but did indeed regret the fact that he'd left his son defenseless and thrown his career away over his love for a woman who'd never be his again. He was still painfully aware that he was as in love with Cleopatra Jordan as he was the day he'd asked her hand in marriage, but resigned to the fact that his past transgressions left that ember of a relationship all but snuffed out. Greg's practice was booming now that he'd won the unlawful suit against the Philly P.D after they'd wrongly interrogated and accused Cleo of murder, him and his best worker were as busy as ever these days. Both in the legal realm and otherwise.

Biltmore had moved back to Colorado with Jamin after being given a mandatory early retirement, and the two raised a quiet havoc in the scenic state that Cleo still took part in from time to time. Not physically of course, but she put her two cents in whenever she had the chance, and ironically that chance came often. Though Tasha was in line to be proven guilty of both her brother's and Carmen's murder she never made it into police custody alive. After watching her nephew be born Cleo still felt a bubbling anger at the events that'd unfolded and subsequently taken them out by murdering Tasha. She'd caught the trick while she was on her way into her deceased brother's house and ceased her opportunity. Cleo shot her twice in the back of the head at point blank range and rid the world of another conniving chick that didn't know when to step up on their long ago tossed aside morals. Tasha's body lay splayed out on the stoop for the neighbor to discover the next morning.

" Damn."

" Hi." The two were both shy and apprehensive in the other's presence. As so much had transpired and passed since they'd last spoken, let alone seen each other, they didn't know where or how to begin. Instead the two embraced in a hug that could be juxtaposed to the one they'd ensued upon their first ever meeting. The guards had to pull them away this time too.

The two spoke for about a half an hour about all that the other had missed and shared secret words that only her green flecked, and his grey, eyes could emit and receive. It wasn't until the two had but twenty minutes left in their visit that Cleo mustered up the courage to say what she'd come there to say.

" There's something I have to tell you, and I don't know how your going to react." Cleo shifted in her seat and a curl escaped it's hold behind her ear and hung bouncily in front of her left eye, Nathan moved it back into place without hesitation.

" I got something to tell you too." Nathan's full lips took on a Kool aid smile and Cleo couldn't help reciprocating the gesture, she'd almost forgotten how damn happy this man made her.

" Well, you go first." Cleo urged taking a breath, relieved she didn't have to deliver the news right this minute.

" Same time?" What Nathan was proposing didn't take Cleo off the hook, but as she pondered this fact, she also realized it was better this way.

" Ok, on the count of three."

" One..two..three."

" I'm getting out!"

" I'm pregnant." All Cleo's senses went blank as she focused on the fact that Nathan's words seemed to always be like golden spun hairs that even sleeping beauty's thimble couldn't dissuade to her ears, the man was practically infallible in fulfilling her wishes right when she needed them most. Cleo hadn't even followed up with the two officials she'd blackmailed on that crazy and fretful night, but apparently she'd bred enough fear in them to only warrant one encounter. Meanwhile Nathan thought about the fact that the man he'd made sure was dead, was also the father of his Cleo's unborn child. The pages of his book were coming to life and the joy was all too real that he made the decision right there and then to love Cleo and her child for the rest of his natural born days with a fierceness that would forever go unmatched. 

How we feeling?

Are we crying or are they happy tears?

Thank ya'll again soooooo much for reading!