Chapter 12

Sam's POV

We went back to the motel room. Cas was still there. The kids seemed confused.
'What happened there?' Cas asked.
'We don't know.' Dean said and Ryan explained to Cas what he saw.
I went out with Lane and Megan.
'Was Ryan telling the truth? I know that he wouldn't lie but how is that possible?' Lane asked.
'It is possible.' I sat on a bench so that I can look them in the eyes. 'You do have powers.'
'Why?' Megan wanted to know.
'Your mother wasn't human. She was half angel and half demon. That's why you're special and have powers.'
'So what exactly happened back there?' Lane wanted to know.
'I don't know. We can ask Cas.' I said and stood up but I noticed that Megan is silent. 'Megan, are you OK?'
'Yeah, I'm perfect. Knowing that monsters are real is one thing but finding out that you're not human... I'll need a little time to process.'

Megan's POV

We went in. My head was still messed up after what dad told us but I tried to concentrate on what they were saying.
'Cas, can you tell us what happened?' Dad asked
'They just discovered her powers.' He answered. 'They can exorcise demons just by thinking it.'
'I wasn't thinking of that!' I denied.
'Neither was I.' Lane agreed.
'It's enough to wish them to go away. And then it just happens.'
'Does that mean that if I make a wish, it'll come true?' I closed my eyes, making a wish.
'That's not how it works.' Castiel said and I made a sad face which made dad smile. 'Soon you'll discover new powers and you'll get stronger.'
'What powers? Can we fly?' Lane asked.
'I don't know. The world has never seen someone like you.'
Great. Now we were some kind of freaks.
'What would Crowley want from them?' Castiel and Dean gave dad a confused look. 'One of the demons told them that the king wanted to see them.'
'Son of a bitch.'
'He wants to use their power. In wrong hands, it can be very destructive.'
'Um, sorry to interrupt but who is Crowley?' I asked. 'And stop talking about us like we're not here.'
'Crowley is the king of Hell. Just one of the douchebags that we have to deal with.' Dean said.
'What do we do now?' Dad asked.
'We must finish the job. Cas, how about you zap us somewhere... 'But when I looked at the place where Castiel was standing just one second ago, he was gone. 'Nevermind. So, new plan. We change the motel then get the job done and get gone before anything happens again.'
'What if demons follow us? We should head back to the bunker.' Dad insisted.
'I'm not leaving a job undone. And of course demons will follow us. But Lane and Megan handled the demons at the diner pretty well.'
'Yes, we can take care of ourselves.' I said.
'And that's why you'll stay at the motel.'
'Hey, that's not fair!' Ryan tried to protest. 'We can help!'
'There's nothing to help with. We dig up a grave and burn the bones. That's it. Then we're back.' Dad said and we agreed.
I was a little annoyed. Again we were going to miss all the action. I wanted to do something, not just to stay in one place.

We quickly found a new motel, we checked in and Dad and Dean took off.
'So let me get this straight. You two are angels?!' Ryan was even more shocked than us after Lane explained what dad told us.
'Well, technically we're only one quarter angels.' Lane said.
'Who cares! You looked like superheroes against those demons earlier.'
'I wonder what other power we have.' I said and lay next to Lane. 'Do you think that we can fly?'
'I'm still sure that Castiel is teleporting. We never saw his wings.' Ryan said.
'But I heard a strange noise that sounded pretty much like wings clapping before he showed up.' I thought. 'What other powers do angels have?'
'No fricking idea. Since they're angels, their powers should be good so I'm guessing maybe healing powers?' Ryan was actually thinking, which was surprising.
'It's possible. Let's try.' I got up, went to Ryan and carefully touched his forehead on the place where he was wounded. I closed my eyes. I thought that the wound disappears and there's no longer blood and pain. I felt warmth passing through my fingers. When I opened my eyes I saw a light where my fingers touched Ryan's forehead. When I pulled back my hand, the wound was gone.
'Wow. That was like magic!' Lane was staring at the place where Ryan's wound was just a minute ago.
'You can add this in your list of powers.' Ryan said. 'Now let's see if you can move things with your mind.'
'No, thanks!' I said. 'Healing even a small wound was very tiring. I'm going to get some food from the gas station. Ryan, will you come with me?'
'No, I'll stay here. Can you buy me a cola?' he smiled like an idiot.

I shook my head and went out. Ryan was so lazy. The gas station was opposite the motel. I went in and got some crisps, chocolate and apple juice. I got Lane and Ryan some drinks and I went to the cash desk.
'How much is it?' I asked.
The woman behind the desk smiled. 'It's 10 dollars. But for you it's 6. Nephilims get special discount.'

She showed me her black eyes. Before I could think of running I was on the wall again. This time I couldn't even scream. The woman came to me and squeezed my neck. I couldn't free from her grip. 'Go away! I want you to go away!' I thought but nothing happened. The demon continued pressing my neck. I couldn't get enough air. I finally stopped fighting and everything went black.