Short story

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and just wished,you could be dead a bit longer.

I always tell myself sleep is like being dead without commitment.

Little did I know that a small shift of events would not only change my entire plan,but completely anchor my life and stop it in its course.

...

I walked into work that morning,went through the diner straight into the kitchen to meet Mr Cubino who was cheerfully frying eggs.I greeted him and stared preparing the bacon before the it morning breakfast rush could start.

Mr Cubino started telling me about his wife and how she keeps nagging him about asking her to be his valentine."She's my wife so she's already my valentine my default I dunno why she must always be so difficult."

I was trying hard not to laugh and his Nigerian accent filled with drama in every root of the word didn't help either.

"Mr Cubino just ask her it's simple really."

"But..."

"You know she won't stop and then she'll start starving you again."

"No!
No!We can't have that I'll ask her today."

"Get her chocolates too."

Our bell rang signaling that someone had walked in.

Mr Cubino was on his way out of the kitchen when he returned.

"Hazel!"
"Hazel!Go serve the customer."

"Mr Cubino what's the matter?"

"I never served the breakfast rush customers so I was surprised Mr Cubino was calling me."

I went out of the kitchen into the diner to see.A very very very very hot Daniel sitting at the far end of the diner.

I had to pull myself together and serve him,he had never come to our diner,he also never ate alone.

Daniel is a boy I met two years ago when I left high school.

His father and my dad were close and yet we never met until we got to high school,I'd always gone to a public school and he went to a private.

When I got to high school my dad was making enough to take me to the private.

When we met we instantly became close,without knowing the relationship between our fathers.

We started dating shortly after we met and then he introduced me to his father first and from then I never saw him again.

He changed school's and moved on with his life it was only after school,that I started seeing him again.

He never spoke to me or explained,but I've always known he did it unwillingly.

This day has been a long time coming to be honest and I'm glad it's Finally here.

Mr Cubino made me serve cause he just wants me to meet a nice guy,what he didn't know was this guy was thee guy.

As I approached him he didn't notice me to engrossed with papers infront of him.