Chapter 8

/TW: Slight mention of suicide, there but vaguely. /

Jared and Evan fell asleep next to each other, but ended up intertwined by morning. Evan woke to Jared's face tucked deep into his chest and his arms around him. They never wanted to let go of each other.

Jared eventually woke to Evan playing with Jared's hair. "Hi, love." Jared whispered into Evan's ear.

Evan giggled like the bean that he is. "Hi, baby." Evan cooed into Jared's ear. Jared, although not wanting to let go, got up and stretched. He wanted food.

"Is pancakes okay, Ev?" Jared was quite a chef, although he never told anyone. He was willing to let his secret slide with the adorable boy in his room.

Evan nodded his head eagerly. He wanted everything Jared wanted. It was like they were each other's missing half. Like one half of a pair. (HAHHAHAHAH) Evan got up and walked towards the boy with glasses. He soon enveloped him in a hug. "Jare, can I stay here today? You know, our Spanish project is due soon." Evan couldn't believe himself. He was flirting!

Jared was just as shocked. He was going to respond smoothly, but he noticed a blush spread across Evan's face. He was way to pure for this. "Sure, Ev. Let's eat though. I make killer pancakes!" With that Jared grabbed Evan's hand and they walked downstairs together.

*Time skip*

Jared was right. He does make killer pancakes. "So what do you want to do today?" Jared asked Evan who was cuddled into Jared's side.

"Anything. As long as I'm with you." He responded.

"How about I surprise you? I have a place in mind that you would love." Evan nodded. Jared was right Evan did love that place. It was before it happened though.

*Time skip*

As Jared drove through the winding road, he made sure Evan had a blindfold on so it would be a surprise. Jared knew Evan loved trees. He recently found this place called "Autumn Smiles Apple Orchard". It was recently closed, but through a bunch of donations, they reopened last year. He thought Evan would love it there.

"Are we almost there?" The temporarily blind boy questioned for the 10th time that minute. Evan was getting impatient. He loved that Jared wanted to bring him somewhere special, but he could sense the turns in a familiar way. He just hoped it wasn't the familiar he was thinking about.

"Almost, Ev. There's a bit of a drive, but I think you'll love this place. The first time I came here I immediately thought of you. I've always wanted to bring you, I just never thought I'd have the chance. Okay we're here!" Jared parked the car and got out to go help Evan. Evan was already fumbling with the blindfold around his head.

"Surprise!" Jared yelled. "So when my parents aren't home much, I like to go exploring and one day I found this!" Evan was too dumbfounded to say anything. The second to last time he was here, he was with his dead best friend. And the last time, was almost his last time for good.

Jared noticed the worried look on Evan's face. "Ev, baby? What's wrong? Is there something wrong?"

Evan, without knowing it, went into a slight panic attack. He was brought back to the place he almost died. And he was brought back to the place where the boy he missed died. He couldn't catch a breath and started to freak out. He couldn't be here.

Jared somehow figured out what to do. He sat down next to Evan on the concrete. "Ev, it's gonna be okay. Grab my hand and I'll walk you to the car, okay?" Evan was able to nod through the shallow breaths that he was taking.

Jared walked Evan to the front seat of his car and gave Evan a stress relief ball that Jared keep in his car for Evan. And for himself sometimes, but mostly Ev.

Jared drove out of the orchard and onto the main road. He had to get Evan somewhere fast. He decided to take him to this ice cream place down the block. Jared turned the car in the parking lot and parked.

"Ev, can you count to 4 and breathe in for me? And then do the same but exhale? Please baby?" Evan nodded. As Jared led Evan through a few breathing exercises, Evan soon was able to breathe at a normal rate.

"Feeling better?" Evan squeezed Jared's hand as in yes. "Okay, cause I have a surprise for you and it's much better than the last, I promise."

Evan, still uneasy, decided that it might be okay. "What is it?" Evan asked nervously.

"Well, it just so happens that I pulled into the parking lot for an ice cream parlor. You wanna get something?" Jared knew that Evan was okay once his face lit up.

Evan nodded his head eagerly. As the two boys walked outside of the car and into the shop, they walked hand in hand.

/edited: 3-29-19

-Gabby