Chapter One

This is me taking a break from Angel of Death. This is just one of my tiny side pieces that I have been working on. It's not too long and I'll soon be done with the story.

I'm trying my hand at intrigue and suspense, so this kinda has a bit of those. I don't know.

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************************    

Jace Wayland.

Golden boy.

He was the hottest person Simon had ever met. He was Magnus's boyfriend's best friend. Simon was struck speechless when they had met, which, to anyone who knew him, was hilarious. Simon talked a mile a minute. But when Jace had smiled at him and said; "Hi, Simon." Simon's brain had shut down.

They still teased him about it sometimes.

Simon fell hard for him that day. He was certain nobody knew about his crush until Magnus came up to him one evening, when they were all hanging out and whispered, so no one would hear. "Be careful with that one. He'll break your heart."

Simon rolled his eyes and whispered back. "I don't know what you are talking about."

Damn Magnus.

At one of Magnus's parties, Simon went out to the balcony to answer a phone call. When he hung up, he brought out his pack of cigarettes and lit one. He jumped when he heard someone chuckle behind him.

It was Jace.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish." Jace said and Simon blushed.

"I-My..." Simon stammered. "I do. My sister and I learnt so we'd have our own secret language. She's a lot more fluent though."

"It's hot." Jace said. "I have a thing for languages."

"Oh." Simon stepped backwards as Jace stepped closer to him. He remembered what Magnus said before and he was trying to steel himself against Jace.

"Do I make you nervous?" Jace asked, amusement in his eyes. "You are shaking."

Simon was. He wanted and at the same time, he didn't. "I-No, y-you don't. Make me nervous, I mean. And it's cold." Simon said.

Soon Jace had him pinned against the barriers of the balcony. "I've been watching you. You have tried not to look at me all night. Why?"

Simon rolled his eyes. "Wow, you are really modest, aren't you?"

Jace grinned. "No. I'm hot and I know it. What's the point in acting like I'm not?"

"Must be nice." Simon murmured. "I wasn't trying not to-"

Jace cut him off with his lips hard on his. Simon froze, his cigarette falling over the balcony as his hand clutches the wooden finish hard. He let out a low moan when Jace's tongue pushed through his lips. Simon's arms slowly crept up to wrap around Jace's neck.

"Wanna get out of here?" Jace breathed shakily when he pulled away. Simon nodded mutely. He was still trying to calm his racing heart and figure out how this had happened to him.

That was how his secret affair with Jace started.

Then Simon had to fall in love with the jackass.

It wasn't hard really. Jace was...intense. He was really, really great in bed and he was also a great listener, most of the time anyway. Simon knew he was a player, but that didn't stop his stupid heart skip whenever he was in the same room with Jace.