Chapter 1

"Pound it!"

"Gotta go, Chat. Bug out!"

The superhero duo had just finished saving Paris, again. It happened weekly: someone getting akumatized by Hawkmoth, fighting Ladybug and Chat Noir, then being de-eveilized. It was starting to take a toll on Marinette's life. Especially since akuma attacks isn't her only duty. There were nightly patrols, and monthly meetings with Master Fu, an-

"Oh no! Tikki, today I'm supposed to have a meeting with Master Fu! I totally forgot!" Marinette stressed.

"Oh don't worry Marinette! It starts in 15 minuets, you're fine." Tikki flew up to her holder's cheek for a mini comforting hug.

"Thanks Tikki, what would I do without you? But speaking of which we better get going soon."

Stepping into the kitchen, Marinette grabbed a croissant and was out the door and to the Masters place. She was rather excited for the meet, being her second one. Wait, where even was the place?!

"Tikki!" Marinette whisper-yelled into her purse.

"What?" Tikki said in a similar tone.

"Where exactly is Master Fu's place?" Marinette said in a rather high-pitched voice. Coming out of the bag ever so slightly to see her surroundings, Tikki gave Marinette step by step directions until she was at her destination.

Marinette turned the door knob, opening the door the the Chinese-styled place.

"Hello Ladybug, right on time." Phew, she wasn't late.

"I have some, news for you. Make yourself comfortable." Master Fu said rather sadly. Tikki flew out to find Wayzz and greet the master. Feeling a little awkward, Marinette did similar.

"Hello Master, nice to see you!" Marinette said bubbly.

"Marinette, I've received word from the universe back when I became Master that something will always have to happen, due to fate. And if it doesn't happen, the whole universes fate will be out of line and tragedy will occur."

"Why are you telling me this?" Marinette asked, obviously confused on why she was getting a story about fate.

"Because ever since the first generation of miraculous holders every Ladybug and Chat Noir has been romantically involved with each other. It is essentially one of the rules of the miraculouses. It is fated to be that way. Unfortunately, you seem to have eyes for someone other that Chat Noir, and you are Ladybug."

Yes, of course Master Fu knew that Marinette did in fact love Adrien, Chat Noirs alter ego, but identities are fated to be revealed by 100% choice with no outside influence. And he couldn't just wait for that time to occur, in fear that Adrien may set sight on another girl.

Marinette was torn. She was legit just told that she can't love the one she loves. That she has to love someone else otherwise the whole universe would be messed up.

"S-so you're saying that I must l-love Chat Noir or other wise..." Marinette looked down at the floor unsure how to continue.

"Yes, I am deeply sorry Marinette. I know this will be hard for you, but please, you must do it. Start out by trying to let go of your feelings for the model boy, and becoming closer to Chat Noir." Master Fu said in his most calming voice.

She was completely heart broken. Stupid fate of course had to make her decisions for her! Maybe this was a sign that she would never ever be with Adrien. Not that she can now anyway. Marinette was fated with Chat Noir.

"Okay Master, I'll just head home now. It's getting late." Marinette was no longer in a bubbly mood, but a very solemn one. Calling Tikki back into her purse, she left the masters place.

"Oh Marinette! I'm so sorry!" Tikki tried to comfort Marinette, but knowing the only thing that could help is time.

Marinette didn't respond, just kept walking in the direction of her house.

She hated it, she hated fate. She hated being forced by fate.

A/N:

Hey guys! I'll try to update this book as often as I can. I hope you have a wonderful day!