28: Problems To Truth & Dares

Chapter 28- Problems To Truth And Dares

Four Days later, Alice makes an appointment with Sierra, while Fp's working at Pop's. She gets in her car and drives over to Sierra's office. When She got there, Sierra welcomes her in and she walks over to the chair and sits down with her hands on her crossed legs. Sierra sits down at her desk with her hands folded on top.

"What brings you in here, Alice?" Sierra simple asks as her morning voice kicks in.

Alice smiled at her old friend and sat up in her chair. She was nervous and very excited. "I'm here to see if I could adopt Cheryl." She sees Sierra's face of skepticism. She knows it's just a weird and strange morning topic. But she also really wants this.

Sierra looks up from her computer pad and sighs." Alice as much I would love to grant you this. I don't know if I can make you and Fp legal guardians." Alice sighs and fights the frown appearing on her face.

"Sierra please, c'mon who helped you get your first interview for law school? Me. I did. I helped you. Can't you just do this one thing for me? And I'm not being selfish. I- we generally want this. Fp and have been talking about this for weeks now. And Cheryl she loves the idea too. The kids really support us and I would be crushed if this can't happen." Sierra knows by the look of love on Alice's face that she really wants this. She hates that she might have to say no. But she can't get herself not to say no.

"Alright." She sighs," Since Cheryl wants this too. I can see what I can do." Alice's face lights up and she throws her arms around Sierra's neck.

"Oh, you won't regret this, Sier!" She exclaims as she continues to hug her.
——-

Later When Fp gets off from work. He walks into the house and smells home cooked food. His stomach grumbles as he reaches the kitchen. He finds Alice smiling like an angel. Alice sees him and kisses him on the lips.

"What's this all for?" He asks as his eyes sore around the room and sees all the food on the kitchen table.

All sorts of food were there. Mash potatoes, Gravy and Salisbury steak were all plated on the table. Alice sees his astonishment and takes the code.

"I went to see Sierra and she said she will see what she can do." Fp's smile brightens and he drips and kisses passionately.

"You're the best fiancé ever." He says as he kisses her again, longer this time.

They kissed until Betty and Jughead cleared their throats. They broke apart, blushing like crazy and Jughead bursts out laughing.

"Geez, You have a hard time keeping your lips to yourself, Huh?" Fp glared at his son.

"Really? I could say the same about you and Betty." He retorts back and Jughead closes his mouth.
——-

Three nights later, Betty climbs down the staircase sporting her baby brother on her hip. He was a month old today. She can't even believe how quick the time went by. It seemed like he was just a day old one day and the next he was almost a year. Okay maybe she was exaggerating a little.

"Mom?!" She yelled from the living room. She didn't get an answer. "Mom?! Are you home?" She yells again.

There was no answer. She sighed as she holds Koel to her hip before sitting on the couch. She was alone at home. Which was strange for her; but she didn't mind.
——

A night later, Alice and Fp were over at Fred's. Fred had invited them over for some fun. Alice quickly calls the kids over and they arrive shortly afterward. Cheryl sits in the couch next to Betty. Jughead sits next to Archie.