| chapter forty |

please read the a/n at the bottom, loves. ❤️
-
{Narrator's POV}

"Enforcer.." Drift gave a low growl, his eyes sending a cold stare toward the man. His whole demeanor scared (y/n), what exactly did Drift know about this man?

"I never thought I would see your pretty face again! But, here we are." His chuckle raspy and cracked. Drift locked eyes with the man, his figure staring slightly down on the seemingly 5'11 guy.

"Why're you here.." Drift asked, his tone not changing. Enforcer looked down at (y/n)'s small figure, his icy blue eyes threatening her every step of the way.

Enforcer tracer a finger over (y/n)'s cheek, his stare and touch sending the female in shock. Drift slapped the man's hand away and held (y/n) closer to his chest.

"Lay another finger on her and so help me I'll permanently game end you right here, right now." Drift threatened, his eyebrows flared, watching Enforcer's every move.

"Relax, Drifty. I won't touch your lady, right now, at least."

(y/n) had enough and socked Enforcer clean in the nose, his loud grunt making everyone double take on the events that josh transpired.

Did she REALLY just do that?

"Don't think about touching me you selfish prick, where the fuck is Oblivion, and what did you do to her?"

Enforcer grabbed his nose and looked back at (y/n), his angered expression making the female glare harder. Drift watched close behind and so did the others.

John and Raptor looked at each other and toward Ancient Tomato Head. The tomato freak looking more confused than anything.

"Enforcer, may I just ask-"

"Silence you imbecile. I don't want anything to do with YOU." His words making Tomato Head cower behind Raptor and John. (y/n) continued to have a stare down with Enforcer.

"This little lady has ALL of my attention.."

—————————————————————————————
Hey you! I'm so incredibly sorry for not updating as quick as I should be. I have been a nervous wreck for the past couple of weeks and updating hasn't been on the top of my mind.

I've been dealing with some crazy and upsetting shit so please bare with me. I know you all want updates, but I honestly can't do it so quick right now. I'll get some chapters out tonight as I finally feel up to it to actually do so, however, after I'm finished with these chapters, please consider giving me time.

I want to make sure I'm in tip top shape in order to update! The chapters may be shorter than you've wanted but I mean at least it's something, correct?

Once more, I sincerely apologize for making you all wait. Thank you so much for sticking by my side and giving "Homebound" a chance. I love every single one of you.

~ Moo <3