Chapter 16

Jolie stopped and outstretched her arm, blocking Evander from continuing.

"We'll never make it through there if we just go in guns blazing!" She exclaimed.

The scene was horrific. Jedi against Clones. They watched a few of them fall, one by one. The number of casualties slowly rose in the few moments they stood there watching.

Perhaps the worst thing was knowing that their friends were no match for even one Clone Trooper- let alone all of them. There was a reason they all failed their Jedi Trials.

Neither of them knew what was going on. It has to be an isolated incident, Evander thought. Maybe this batch's Chips malfunctioned on the new planet.

Evander sighed and hung his head. He knew she was right. "Then what do we do?"

"I don't know."

As the two of them wracked their brain for any idea or epiphany they were startled by the humming of speeders coming up behind them.

"Guys!"

Evander and Jolie turned, lightsaber and blaster drawn, but lowered them once they saw two familiar faces.

"How'd you escape?!" Evander asked with his mouth gaped.

"Secret tunnel," Alda replied simply.

"Rule number one: always memorize the secret tunnels," Flint added. Of course he'd say that. It probably took him all of five minutes to do it, too.

"Thank the Force you're okay," Jolie said with an exhale.

"We need to get out of here," Alda said. "Fast."

"Agreed. We have to be careful getting back past the village, though," Evander said.

"I know a short cut," Jolie said as she waved for them to follow. The four of them shared the two speeders as Jolie directed them, finding their path.

They were in the thick of the forest, about to approach a massive clearing when they were cut off by a large, black, ominous ship. Nobody recognized it.

They stopped their speeders, sliding to an abrupt halt. All four of them were completely clueless as to what or who it was, so the three Jedi all had their hands on their sabers. As for Jolie, she clutched a blaster tightly.

A tall, cloaked figure emerged from the ramp, walking out of a cloud of steam seeping from the bottom of the ship. There were two elegant guards at his sides, all dressed in red with long spears at their sides.

"Dear child," He said in a menacing, low voice. "We meet again."

All eyes turned to Jolie when the group realized his gaze fell on her terrified eyes.

"I don't know you," she said with surprising composure and power, despite her scared expression.

"Perhaps not, however, you did know my apprentice — Count Dooku. I believe he lent you an artifact as a placeholder for a future alliance. I am here to make sure you stay true to your word." The voice was oddly familiar to everyone, but they couldn't place it. Not even Jolie could sense who it truly was.

"I never promised a thing!" She replied defensively, her eyebrows furrowing and her eyes sparkling with anger. "I never even used it!" She could sense the danger this man possessed. The raw power.

It was dark.

"You young ones are always so foolish," he said with a slow deep cackle as he walked forward more, signaling for his guards to stay back with the motion of his hand. He raised one of his hands up in the air, causing the sleeve of his cloak to slide down his arm. A red glow shone through the fabric of Jolie's bag. She widened her eyes and grabbed for the object, but it was no use. The red, triangular artifact slipped through her fingers and flew into the air. Finally the Sith Holocron rested in it's master's hand. The pieces slid back into place and he chuckled to himself. "Yes... at last."