Chapter Two

Alison's POV:

I have just finished packing my last box the following day and it's a success. I have gotten my room to look exactly the way I want it. My bed in the corner of my room against my wall as my desk goes at the foot of it. My dressed was underneath my flat screen TV and my closet was filled with my clothes. I was finished! I couldn't wait for my brother to get here. He just graduated from NYU. His graduation was nice and he was Salutatorian. The reason he came a day later is because his girlfriend was being a bitch but he's like the best person in the world. He had dark hair and dark eyes like me. The only difference is the attitude. It's much harsher. He's overly protective about me and... boys. That's why I never really dated. He and my father would turn the guy away and after a while I just gave up. I paced down the steps and presented myself in the family room. Michael is a different story.

"I finished my room and I'm very proud of it."

"It only took you the entire night" My mother laughs and folds down the page on her book. "Your father wants to talk to you."

"About what?"

"I have no clue but he looked upset." Beau's twenty one right? Jake is twenty three. That's a little nauseating. I already know that Jake and my brother is going to be the best of friends.

"What did I do?" I ask nervously.

"I have no clue. " She chuckles with a lovely smile and quirks an eyebrow. "Did you do anything?"

"No." I say then hurriedly add. "Not that I can think of."

"Then you'll be fine. He's in the backyard." I nod at her and play with the hem of my shirt whilst making my way outside.

He is currently sitting at the wooden table cleaning his gun. He has one on the job and one for at home. I sat in the chair opposite of him and picked up one of the copper colored murderers.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah..." He looks up and smirks. "I don't want you hanging around Beau  and his friends." Straight to the point. I hate being the youngest.

"We just moved here..." I start but he cuts me off.

"I don't think it's appropriate for you to hang around grown men."

"Dad... they were just getting to know me. I did the same with them."

"I don't care. They're grown ass men."

"They seem nice."

"If you have to second guess their personality then it's most likely a bad thing, sweetheart."

"I'm positive that they're nice guys." I snicker. "Don't make this an issue."

"I'm not making it anything. You're my daughter and I'm looking out for your safety."

"I understand that but... you're a police officer. That intimidates people at the sound of it."

"What do you want me to do, Sonny?" He places his unloaded gun on the table and shakes his head in confusion.

"Leave it be."

"You're my daughter. I don't want you hanging around them."

"Why? They aren't going to hurt me."

"You don't know that," he snaps softly. I slump back in the chair and roll my eyes.

"Sonny..."

"Dad..." I mock.

"I don't want you around them like you were yesterday. Not until I know that they're decent. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir." I mumble and drop the bullet on the table.