Chapter 1

Ashley's POV:

It's a normal lazy Saturday for me today. I'm reading books while laying in my bed. My parents passed away about 6 months ago. It's hard to forget, but I try. I only have 3 friends in my life. Kiara, Jasmine, Melanie, and of course me, Ashley. They were always there for me since the beginning. When I get depressed, they would always cheer me up. When I'm happy, they join the fun. I don't ever know what to do without them. Im living on a apartment with my closest friend, Kiara. I knew Kiara when I was still a child. Our parents knew each other so we got to know each other, a lot. When my parents passed away, her family would always be there for me. They're like my second family, they would always make me feel at home. Kiara and I are like sisters. We would do all sorts of things together. I'm truly glad she was always there. No matter what.

While reading my book, my phone vibrated on my desk. Kiara's name popped up, I answered and she was screaming. She hung up after 5 seconds. I didn't really understand her, but I think she told me to drive to In n' Out? That's her favorite place, so I guess that's what she meant. I take my clear white shirt and put it on. I'm wearing pants, so it's okay for me since it's a casual day with her at In n' Out. I tie my hair into a ponytail and drive there. As I park into the driveway, I see Jasmine's car. I wonder why Jasmine's here. She probably was just going to drop off Kiara. I walk inside and search for them. I see Kiara sitting in the corner alone. I walk up to here and sit down. After about a minute she finally says something.

"Jasmine's in the bathroom, I'm just waiting for our orders.", she says.

"Okay.", I say awkwardly.

I don't know why we're like this today. We would usually have fun and talk a lot like we're crazy. I just grab my phone from my pocket and go instagram. I'm scrolling through my feed and double tapping anything I want to. I hear Jasmine's voice and I look up. I see her talking on the phone. She sits down and she's still talking on the phone. Kiara went to ask for our orders. Jasmine finally hangs up.

"Heyyyy, Ashley.", she says unexpectedly.

"Jasmine.!", I say.

"What are we doing here?", I continue saying.

"Kiara told me to drive here, I think she's supposed to tell us some sort of a surprise, I guess?"

"She told me to drive here, too. That's odd. Oh well."

Kiara walk up to us with food.

"Delicious food's here!", she says while placing the food on out table.

"YAAAAAA!", Jasmine and I scream.

We all laugh.

"So why are we here?", I ask her.

"Yeah, I thought we were just here for food, but I guess there's more.", Jasmine says while laughing a little.

"No. No.! Oh my god, no!", Kiara screams.

"What?!", I say.

"Tomorrow's Melanie's birthday!", she slightly yells.

"Oh my god..", Jasmine says.

"Holy..", I say.

"Uh, yeah. C'mon let's go get her a present.", Kiara tells us.

"I'll just wear this.", I say.

"Uh, okay..", they both tell me.

"I'll go drive my car. Kiara wanna come with me, or ?", I tell her.

"It's okay, I go with Jasmine. I owe here something.", she tells me.

"Okay.", I say.

We start eating.