Winning It All ☆ Ender Inciarte

This one was requested by MaddyYilmaz

-

Maddy Swanson suits up for what will most likely be her final game in her collegiate softball career. She is a senior at LSU and tonight is the final game of the Women's College World Series in Oklahoma City against .  Her older brother is Dansby Swanson, star shortstop for the Atlanta Braves. She makes her way out of the dugout for warmups and sees her brother in the stands.

"Dans!" she squeals, running towards his seat at the third base line.

"Maddy!" he smiles, leaning over to hug her.

"I didn't think you would make it," she smiles, beyond glad to see her older brother.

"As if I would miss the biggest game of your career! But in all seriousness, you're lucky we have an off day before having to fly to St. Louis for a 3 game series," he replies, causing her to smile in amusement.

"And who is we?" she asks, raising a brow.

"I am we," a voice says from down the aisle on the left, causing both Maddy and Dansby to turn their heads in that direction.

Maddy sees Dansby's teammate Ender Inciarte sliding down the aisle and smiles at him.

"Hi Ender," she waves at him.

"Hi little Swanson!" he teases, finally arriving next to Dansby.

"I'm not little! I'll have you know I'm listed as 5'7," she sasses, placing her hand firmly on her hips.

"Yeah 5'7 with heels," Dansby snorts.

"You are the worst brother ever," she whines, playfully throwing her glove at him.

"Swanson, I know you love your brother but you need to get back to warming up!" Maddy's infield coach shouts.

"Gotta blast, losers," she replies, flashing them a smile before running back to finish her warmups.

Ender watches her run down the field and Dansby notices fairly quickly.

"If you could not eye fuck my sister, that would be great," Dansby groans, glaring at his teammate.

Ender raises his hands up in surrender and orders a bag of peanuts.

Dansby has known for a while about the crush Ender has on his sister and he knows for sure that Maddy has a crush on Ender too. The thought makes him kind of uncomfortable but he would rather have Maddy crush on Ender than on some dickbag frat boy or baseball player from LSU. 

The game eventually starts and Dansby and Ender cheer Maddy on like crazy when she hits the field and goes straight to shortstop. Maddy plays one hell of a game, making great plays at short and hitting 2 triples, a double, a single, and driving in 3 runs. LSU beats Florida State 8-5 to win the championship.

Maddy even records the final out by catching a pop up. As soon as she catches it she throws her glove in the air and rushes the mound to tackle the pitcher. The entire team, coaches, and trainers rush the mound as well, celebrating their victory. After celebrating a bit, the shake hands with Florida State and the championship trophy is presented. They all get their championship hats and shirts and put them on. Maddy is named the MVP of the World Series and accepts her MVP award. She is then interviewed on the field before she heads back to the clubhouse to celebrate. After celebrating, they meet with media and friends and family are allowed into the clubhouse. She catches sight of Dansby and immediately runs into his arms. He lifts her up into the air and spins her around.

"You did it, Maddy!" he smiles, kissing her forehead.

"Couldn't have done it without the support of the best brother ever!" she squeals, before being put back down.

"Congrats Maddy. You played great out there," Ender smiles, bringing her into a tight hug.

"Thank you Ender. It means a lot," she smiles, feeling all bubbly inside.

She then hits the showers and changes before meeting with Dansby and Ender again outside of the clubhouse.

"The team is throwing a party in the ballroom," Maddy informs them.

"Sounds good to me," Dansby replies, looking at Ender.

"Me too," Ender chimes in.

"Sweet. Let's go," she smiles, leading them to the ballroom.

They enter the ballroom and see the championship trophy on a giant table in the middle of the ballroom, as well as Maddy's MVP trophy. Maddy starts mingling with her teammates and they all cheer for her, shouting "MVP" over and over again. They all eat and chat for a while before the coaches go up to make speeches. After the coaches make their speeches, Maddy's teammates all call for her to go up, chanting "MVP" over and over again.

Maddy reluctantly goes up and grabs the microphone.

"Well I just wanna say Congratulations Tigers, we are the 2018 Women's College World Series Champs!" she shouts, causing the room to erupt in cheers.

"Alright, so I wanna thank you guys for all being the best teammates and best coaching staff any softball player could ask for! I loved going to battle every single day with this group and even though this was my final game for LSU I will always be a Tiger! These last 4 years being on this team has been the best 4 years of my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. So, I will always be rooting for all you guys after I'm gone and Geaux Tigers!" she says, finishing her speech almost in tears.

Her teammates all cheer and shout "MVP" as she goes back to her table. The speeches finish and everyone continues to mingle and celebrate. A while later, Dansby goes off to talk to some of the LSU coaches and Ender decides to take advantage, moving closer to Maddy.

"When do you head back to Georgia?" he asks her.

"In a few days. Why?" she asks.

"Well, the team is gonna be back in Atlanta next week and I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out sometime," he suggests.

"Like as friends?" she asks, trying not to show any emotion.

"No like as a date," he replies, causing her to scream internally.

"I would love to go on a date with you," she smiles, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Before they can do or say anything else, Dansby comes back.

"So did I miss anything?" Dansby asks, noticing the dopey smile on their faces.

"No, nothing at all," Ender replies, causing Maddy to giggle slightly.

-

Hey girl, sorry for the long ass wait. Also, I hope you don't mind that I changed your prompt up just a little bit. I hope you liked it and if you didn't, let me know and I'll re-write it for you

-

Taty