1 - No Goodbye

"Klaus?" Caroline can't find him anywhere. It's like he just vanished. "Hey Bekah. Have you seen your brother?"

"Which one? I have three alive." She roll her eyes as Rebekah looks up. "I'm only joking. I thought Nik was with you."

"No. His clothes were gone from the closet when I woke." Caroline ponders for a moment before finally realizing. "Oh my god." She whips out her phone and dials his number. "Pick up. Pick up."

You have reached the number of Klaus Mikaelson. Leave a message at the beep.She tries a few more times but only gets his voicemail. "No no no."

"Caroline." She looks up to meet the eyes of the female Mikaelson.

"He's gone." She slumps down in the armchair next to her. "He left."

"What do you mean he left?" Rebekah sets her laptop down on the cushion beside her. "My brother wouldn't just leave you."

"I don't know." Her phone beeps and she perks up, hoping for a message from the hybrid, but is instead disappointed as she sees it's just from Damon. "We need to find him.

3 years later

"Hey hands off mister. I have a meeting in 20 minutes and I need to look the part." Caroline giggles as Peter wraps his arms around her waist. "Babe."

"You look beautiful." She smiles at the compliment.

"Thank you." She grabs her phone and presses a kiss to his cheek as she realizes the time. "Got to go. Love you."

"Love you too. Remember your pepper spray." She rolls her eyes.

"I'll be fine." She closes the door and turns around, only to be caught like a deer in headlights. He was standing there. The man she searched for, for a year. He was standing there right in front of there and she didn't know what to do. "Klaus." The second she said his name his lips were on hers but she pushed him away. "I- I can't."

"Because of Peter?" The way Klaus said his name, she knew he hated him. "Does heeven know what you are?"

"I'm going to tell him." She fiddles with her fingers. "I'm just not ready yet."

"Are you ever going to be ready Caroline?" He grips her shoulders. "He's going to notice when you don't start growing any older."

"I know, I know." She turns away from him to look at the door. "I just don't want him to hate me."

"Well I just came to see if you were alright." He turns to walk away.

"Are you really just going to leave again?" He stops and braces his hand on the doorway. "I searched foryou Klaus." Her voice breaks. "For a whole year because you left without saying goodbye."

"I had to." His grips tightens on the doorway and it cracks slightly. "I had to keep you safe." His hand falls back to his side and he speeds away. Caroline slumps against the wall as a few tears slide downher face.

"Bekah?" The tears won't stop and she needs her best friend. "I saw him."

"Who Caroline? You have to be specific." She hears a truck pass by in the background and instantly knows the Mikaelson is at her favorite cafe.

"Klaus." Her voice breaks once more and Bekah instantly ends the call only to be by her side seconds later.

"Come here." She wraps her arms around Caroline as she sobs into her shoulder.

"How could he?" Caroline sees his face as she closes her eyes so she decides to keep them open. "After three years and no goodbye."

"I don't know but I'll beat his arse for you." Caroline smiles into her friends shoulder.

"I'd like that." She pulls away. "I heard there's a party tonight and I'm guessing it's your brothers." The female Mikaelson rolls her eyes. "I'm going to show him what he's missed."

"I'll even go shopping with you after work." Carolines eyes widen and she quickly wipes her tears away.

"I have a meeting in 5 minutes." Bekah nods and she speeds away to arrive at the front door of her office building, luckily no one saw her. "Can't be late to your own meeting." She pushes open the door only to be greeted by her assistant.

"Miss Forbes. You only have a minute to get up there." She hands her a piping hot coffee and Caroline heads over to the stairs, finding them vacant, decides to speed up them. She arrives at her meeting with three minutes to spare.

"Sorry. Traffic." The men and women at the table nod as she takes her seat at the head. "Let's begin."