3 - The Truth

When Caroline gets home Peter's still up.. making out with a girl. She slams the door shut and they seperate. "Can I invite a a few guys over he asks."

"Caroline." He goes to grab her arm but she quickly moves it out of the way.

"No. Don't touch me." She turns around and heads to his room, grabbing his clothes and things, packing them in suitcases.

"What are you doing?" She finishes packing the last thing and grabs the suitcases. "Caroline put my stuff back."

"I want you gone." Caroline opens the front door and dumps Peters suitcases in the hallway. "I don't want to see you again."

"You can't kick me out. I own this apartment."

"I can have ownership by morning."

"You'll regret this Caroline." She ignores him as she pushes him out the door and slams it shut, locking it for good measure.

"Hey Jill." Caroline waits as the nice woman who sold Peter the apartment gets the papers ready. "Yeah I'll be over in the morning"

****

"And you should now own the apartment." Caroline signs one last time and hands Jill the papers. "I had a boyfriend who cheated once. Didn't have the courage to dump him though."

"Thanks again." The blonde heads out to her car and reaches it just as she recieves a call. "Hello?"

"Care?" She instantly recognizes the voice.

"Elena. How did you get this number?"

"I gave it to her." The voice in the background, she just heard that one yesterday.

"Peter." She ends the call and drives home.

****

"He went to Mystic Falls and gave them my number." Caroline sifts through the clothes on the rack as her best friends head pops up from the other side.

"And this is all because you broke up with him and kicked him out." She nods and the female Mikaelson shakes her head. "What an arse."

"I agree." Caroline sighs and meets the eyes of her friend. "Has Klaus spoken to you?"

"He's hurting."

"He's hurting?" The blonde gives up on trying to find something cute to wear. "He left me."

"He hates that he hurt you." The bell on the door of the shop dings as another customer enters. "Can't you give him a second chance?"

"I don't know." She drops her basket back with the others and walks back over to Rebekah. "I do still love him."

"See? If you still love him, then it's proof that you two belong together." Rebekah sets her hands on Carolines lower arms. "I just want the both of you to be happy."

"I'll go and talk to him." Rebekah nods and smiles as she watches her friend walk the path to her happiness.

****

"Niklaus isn't here right now but you're welcome to wait for him." Elijah greets her at the door when she arrives. 

"Thanks Elijah." She walks into the home she once lived in. It still looked the same after three years. After checking out her old room she decides to head to Klaus' studio. There they were, every drawing, every painting, every sketch and they were all of her. She never pictured herself as the way he drew her but she knew that was how he saw her. "You kept them."