Report

The wind blew through the outskirts of the Hidden Mist, to where four ninjas were stationed. A green glow came from the palms of a mask one.

" Heh. Who would have thought that I would be alive," a voice dryly chuckled.

"I wouldn't let you die even if my life counted on it " another replied.

"I thought you came for Gato's head?"

"Gato was only a side mission, a reward I guess. You two were the real mission." A moment of silence passed as he closed an open flesh.

"Hey, Kitsune." The healer faced the voice. "Thank you for saving me and Haku." Kitsune smiled under his mask.

"I am simply doing the things I wished others would do the same to me." His voice saddened. "But sorry I let you be injured, I had to convince them you two were both dead Zabuza."

"So where are we going?" Zabuza asked. The masked smiled even more.

"To a safe place,

To the Village of The Forgotten"

In Konoha...

A jōnin knocks onto the door of the office. "Come in," a muffled voice says and after, the door opens. In the room can be seen a red-headed woman with sea-green eyes standing next to a man with blonde hair and long side bangs. He wore a hoodless cloak with the words 'fourth Hokage' stitched onto the back in red.

"Hokage-sama" the jōnin faces his leader. "I have the report for the C class mission that turned into an A class."

"Ah. Yes. I heard about the situation in the report earlier. So how was it Kakashi? I see you came back clean so it must have been alright for the team."

"Uhh, about that. There was an unexpected visitor to the mission" Kakashi says in an awkward eye smile. "The Kitsune came." The Hokage dropped whatever was in his hands and stood in shock.

"He's real!" both Hokage and his wife shout in unison. "Oh, excuse us for being loud," the Hokage calmed down and sat back into his seat. He continues "So what exactly was he there for?"

"He came for Gato's head, his bounty I suppose. But he did take Zabuza and Haku away."

The Hokage's eyes widen, "you mean The Zabuza, Demon of the Mist"

"Yes, but he and Haku died in battle. Gato had betrayed him and Kitsune took them away, I'm guessing it's to bury them. The rest is in more detail in the report" and Kakashi hands him a file. "I'll be going now Hokage-sama. I'm meeting my team" he bows.

"How is he?" the Hokage stops him.

"Oh. Your son is doing great, he even managed to defeat an experienced ninja all by himself, despite being a year younger."

" Thank you for looking after him" he smiles. Kakashi bows again and leaves. His smile fades and the blonde man shows a serious look.

"Darling could summon the council."

"Of course dear," and she kisses her husband on the forehead before leaving.

At the council meeting...

"So Lord Forth, what did you call us for?" a council member asks. At the head of the table sat the Hokage who answered.

"I was just given a report about a C class mission which turned into an A class-"

"Don't tell me this is about a stupid mission," one had interrupted.

"Partially. They were fighting Zabuza, Demon of the Mist, who worked under Gato." All eyes widened at the demon's name and all waited impatiently. "But he died. He was betrayed by his employer". It was as if everyone had sunken into their seats. "He was taken away by The Kitsune." All again was shocked to hear another legendary demon. "As you should all know, he is a powerful ninja and his limits are unknown. Yet he does not belong to any village. Why is this? He's a wandering mercenary." They could anticipate what was to come next out the Hokage's mouth. "But even travelers need a home to go back to after their adventure, meaning if we can get him to join our village, he would become the greatest asset to us. The tension between us and Kirigakure, Iwagakure and Kumogakure aren't getting any better. That's why with the Kitsune, we could obtain immense power. From what I've heard about his achievements, with him Konoha could overpower both Kirigakure, Iwagakure and possibly even Kumogakure combined." They all nodded in agreement with his objective.