Chapter two:

The screeching sound of her alarm woke her up. She slapped it and sighed loudly throwing her arms down onto the bed roughly as she stared at her ceiling. Even on the weekend she still had to get up early; well earlier than any twenty two year old would want to get up on the weekends. Then again if she hadn't have made her little trip last night she probably would have gotten more sleep and most likely wouldn't be so grumpy. The events of last night played in her head and she almost smiled thinking of the small yet beautiful stream of water; but then the numbness of the silence she always received there forced it from her mind. 

Grunting to herself she pushed herself up to sit on the side of her bed and blew the stray brown slivers of hair out of her eyes. The reason she had to get up early was because of her part time job at the coffee shop. No not the one her and Mei frequent, but another that is across town. She'd much rather work anywhere else but she had no choice but to work there. They were the only ones that would work with her class schedules and allowed her to work extra on the weekends. Scanning her room Chihiro was met with the longing to return to the spirit world; somewhere she felt like she was at home. Loud ringing from her phone brought her out of her thoughts. Looking over she saw it was her extra alarm that she had set for mornings just like this one; mornings where she was homesick and didn't feel like getting through her day. Chihiro rolled her eyes when she saw she was fifteen minutes behind in her normal routine. If she was going to be on time she had better get moving. 

Touching her delicate feet onto the cold tile of her floor made her shiver and she sighed as she stood and grabbed her bathrobe. Putting it over her shoulders she took a handful and brought it up to her nose; silently she inhaled the smell of her fathers cologne. It reminded her of her parents and usually gave her a bit of extra strength to get through the morning. After exhaling she shivered again and glared slightly as if telling the air it was too cold.

She made her way to the bathroom and yawned loudly rubbing her eyes before she looked at her reflection. 

'EEK! Shouldn't have looked.' she thought as she grimaced at her hair which was sticking up all over the place. No doubt she was having a massive bad hair day and that just made her want to crawl back into bed more. Her hair was much longer than it was when she was just a child and now it reached down to her mid back. It was definitely going to take a bit of tough loving to make herself look presentable for work. 

"This is so gonna make me late for work." She complained glancing down at her phone as another alarm sounded giving her the second late warning. "Why must I always cut it so close?" she whined before grabbing her brush. 

...

"Miss Ogino, late again I see. What is this the third time this month?" her boss surprised her as she hurriedly stumbled into the back door.  She jumped in fright and grabbed her chest as she breathed fast; a nervous smile on her lips as she looked at the boss. Of course she was only eight minutes late but her boss was a very punctual man, and had very little patience for tardiness. 

"I'm very sorry sir." she quickly dropped her hand from her chest when he looked at her disapprovingly. "I had a little trouble this morning."

A moment of silence passed before he sighed and shook his head. "You're lucky I like you. Just don't let it happen for a fourth time; I can't show too much favoritism so I would have to let you go if you're late again." he patted her shoulder then walked into his office that resided in a door off to the left of where they were standing. 

When the door shut completely she sighed in relief. The rest of her shift was pretty painless, the coffee shop itself wasn't very busy on the weekends other than the usuals. Sometimes the shifts went by quickly other times it feels like they never end. Today was just one of those long days, which didn't help the fact that Chihiro was so tired to begin with.