7

I wake up in a panic. At first I am confused, but then my surroundings come into focus. I am in the Impala, Dean driving and Sam sitting shotgun, sleeping.

  "You okay?" Says Dean, his brow furrowed with concern.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bad dream."

"What about?" He replies, curiosity creeping into his voice.

"It was weird."

"Try me."

"We were running," I recall. "Running away from someone. Someone...." I struggle for the right word. "Someone bad."

"What did they do?"

"They shot at you."

"They shot me?" He asks, confused.

"No. They shot at  you. I jumped in front of you at the last minute."

The car screeches as we pull over to a stop.

"Sam. Sam, wake up. Cat had another 'dream.'"

................................                                    ...............................................                             ..............................

 We are sitting in a small café off the highway. After I told Sam and Dean about my dream, it didn't get the reaction I had hoped.

They were supposed to tell me that it was just a nightmare. Not question me about what the man looked like.

"For the last freaking time, I don't know who it was! It was just a stupid dream."

They exchange a look.

Not good.

"Cat, it wasn't a dream." Says Sam. "It was a premonition."

"We think you are psychic."