Part 9

When Louis got home, he ran straight to his room and locked the door, despite his friends' desperate pleas with him to let them in.

They wanted to comfort him, but all Louis wanted was to cry himself to sleep and build up his walls so no one could ever infiltrate his heart again.

He made a mistake letting Harry in and he was going to make sure no one ever hurt him again.

He didn't understand how a person could be so cruel yet so incredibly intoxicating. Louis was drawn to him, even though he constantly treated him like shit. He hated Harry, but felt lonely without their strange interactions.

And he hated himself for feeling that way.

In that moment, he made the decision to never let Harry dictate his life again. He was going to filter out anything that had anything to do with the curly haired scumbag.

He threw himself down into his bed face first and buried his head in his pillow as tears finally coated his face.

He cried his heart out into his pillow, kicking his shoes off and tucking himself into a little ball on his bed.

The bed that was still full of Harry from the previous night. It smelt like him and was still messy from the way they'd left it. The sheets were still dirty and it just reeked of the essence of Harry.

Louis wanted to wash it immediately, to get rid of all the Harry in his room. But first, he wanted to cry and be left alone to let out his emotions.

"Louis. Louis, please." Niall begged, knocking on his door.

"Fuck off, Ni. I don't want to talk to anyone." Louis yelled back, choking a little.

"Louis, trust me. I hate him as much as you do right now." Niall attempted.

"NO! YOU DON'T! You haven't just had your heart ripped out and fucking obliterated. Just leave me alone!" Louis screamed before shoving his head down again and sobbing.

Niall took a deep breath before continuing.

It was clear that his friend needed him, not matter what profanities he yelled. Niall knew he had to be there, even if Louis said that he didn't want it.

"Louis, I know you." He said softly, resting his forehead on the door. "I'm your best friend. I know that you like your tea black. I know that you like guys that are taller than you. I know that you don't eat carrots because they make you sick. And I know that when someone breaks your heart, you need someone to hold you. You like it when you put your head in my lap and I stroke your hair." He stopped for a second before getting even quieter.

"Lou, let me in, please."

Louis sat up and took a few breaths, realising that Niall was right. He did know him. And Louis did need him.

He got up shakily and moved towards the door.

He slowly unlocked it and opened it to reveal Niall standing with a sad smile and extended arms, ready to hold him.

Even though Louis looked like an absolute mess, his hair sticking up and his face all red and blotchy, Niall didn't notice.

All he noticed was that Louis was upset and needed his best friend.

Niall stepped into the room and scooped him up into his arms just as another bout of tears overtook him.

"C'mere." He cooed.

Niall closed the door behind them and moved the crying boy to the bed so they could sit down.

He leant back against the headboard so Louis could so just what Niall had said. He laid down beside him and rested his head in Niall's lap so Niall could gently thread his fingers through his hair to calm him down.