12 - Half-Reveal

"Marinette, you have a guest!" Sabine called her daughter on Tuesday afternoon.

Marinette showed up immediately at the trapdoor. Adrien looked up and went upstairs. When he went into Marinette's room he noticed the poster on the floor. Marinette had managed to finalise almost all drawings since Saturday.

"I can see you don't waste your time." He commented.

"I couldn't fall asleep yesterday." She said. "Drawing helps me to mellow out."

"Are you still having heart problems?" He asked before he could bite his tongue. "Sorry, I'm getting nosy again!"

"It's fine!" She laughed in reply. "I just had a crazy day yesterday. It was difficult for me to calm down after all this."

"At least we didn't have that test on the physics class." he reminded.

"Exactly. By the way... Thanks for help with the revision. If you didn't help me, I would probably fail this test."

"It didn't happen anyway."

"Yeah, right! It will be necessary to revise it again because professor Mendeleiev won't let it go."

"She'll change 'sudden death' for 'more sudden death'... Same questions, only half of time."

"I hope you can't foretell the future!"

"Don't worry, Marinette. I'm sure you can do it." He encouraged her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

It surprised her that this gesture didn't make her the expected impression. Not for the first time in the last week she felt completely insensitive to Adrien's charm.

"Let's think about what else we should add to this poster..." She changed the subject and turned away to the desk for a set of pastels and markers, thus freeing herself from the touch of Adrien.

His hand hung in the air, and he suddenly felt uncomfortable. He controlled himself immediately and glanced at the poster.

"You know, I was thinking about it a little and I would give a definition of the bases anyway." He said.

"You think so?" Marinette wasn't convinced.

"Professor Mendeleiev is a traditionalist. I think she'll be happy if our presentation has any definition."

"Alright. You convinced me." Marinette sighed. "Where will we write it?"

They leaned over the poster, refining the details and looking for a place to put the definition. Finally, Marinette reached for the black marker.

"Maybe I'll write it?" Adrien suggested. "You've done so much that I feel totally useless."

"I just drew everything you said." Marinette laughed. "Your knowledge is on this poster, though drawn with my hand."

"We complement each other in this case." he concluded.

"Indeed..." she admitted in astonishment and looked into his eyes.

"So... Will you let me ruin this poster?" He blushed from her gaze.

"Can you do a calligraphy?"

"N-no. And you can?"

"You'll find out soon." She smiled slyly and knelt at the corner of the poster.

Adrien looked at her in disbelief. During last week Marinette had changed completely. He hadn't noticed so far that she was so confident, funny and ease. Just like... Suddenly he ran out of breath at the sight of the letters Marinette was writing in a row on the poster. He would recognise these letters at the end of the world. That was the handwriting from his mysterious Valentine card...